Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 880
Last night while doing the Mirror Universe event, I noticed two massive white blobs in the space past the station. You can fly to and through them, so they aren't in the background like a star. I don't know if they were an intended change or if there is something wrong, so I thought I'd post here, but I will say they are painfully bright, as in my eyes literally hurt, and they obscured any ships that past in front of them, including their targeting reticles.

I didn't think to grap a screenshot at the time, but if so desired I'll try next time.

If these are intentional I hope consideration would be given to removing them, or at least making them way less annoying.
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 26
# 2
07-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Some of the Borg encounter missions have them as well. They seem to be pulsars or something and are very hard to look at as they are bright plus they take an excessive amount of gpu power to render. Suggest that the next patch remove them or have the ability to turn them off in the graphics control.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 542
# 3
07-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Also occurring in the T'kanis Nebula (ignore the file names... got confused while naming them). They're causing major slow-down during warp-in, so couldn't be in a worse location considering you get shot as soon as you arrive:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...Tongnebula.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ongnebula3.jpg

And also in the small groups of hostile ships floating around in Sirius:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...itchSirius.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...tchSirius2.jpg
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 75
# 4
07-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Yeah I get those in a few DSE and kling nebula's, which make them totally unplayable .
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 749
# 5
07-15-2012, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soiduts View Post
Some of the Borg encounter missions have them as well. They seem to be pulsars or something and are very hard to look at as they are bright plus they take an excessive amount of gpu power to render. Suggest that the next patch remove them or have the ability to turn them off in the graphics control.
I've been calling for a "Turn all bloom off" mode forever. I would love to have it in response to this c**p.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,231
# 6
07-15-2012, 08:46 PM
I saw these for the first time in Red Alerts last night. Very annoying, lost my ship and target more than a few times.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
Sign up here:
www.bushrangers.net
Ensign
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13
# 7
07-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
I saw these for the first time in Red Alerts last night. Very annoying, lost my ship and target more than a few times.
I've been seeing the white blobs in the Red Alerts for several days now. Makes it extremely difficult to play since it slows you way down.
Whatever they're supposed to be they're not necessary at all. Better to just get rid of them if it fixes the problem.
PhantasmagoricRS
On the forums September 2009
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,890
# 8
07-16-2012, 01:37 PM
they were originally in the no win scenario on tribble but somehow seem to have escaped to everywhere else.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 28
# 9
07-16-2012, 02:59 PM
I get these giant stupid blurry blobs in EVERY SPACE ENCOUNTER. This huge glaring visual bug is at least a month old and not even listed in known graphical issues sticky thread? Look at these screen shots. This is pretty shoddy if something so (1) visually stupid, and which (2) really hinders gameplay, can go completely ignored for so long.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,527
# 10
07-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
Also occurring in the T'kanis Nebula (ignore the file names... got confused while naming them). They're causing major slow-down during warp-in, so couldn't be in a worse location considering you get shot as soon as you arrive:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...Tongnebula.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...ongnebula3.jpg

And also in the small groups of hostile ships floating around in Sirius:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...itchSirius.jpg
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...tchSirius2.jpg
Yeah the following is in the Empire Defense Against: Romulans, Cardassians, and Borg, as shown in the Screen shots.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:24 PM.