Banned
# 1 =/\= Episode Replay Daily =/\=
07-13-2012, 12:36 PM
The idea is simple: once you reach max level you unlock a new daily to replay one of the previous episodes that you have completed. It could be called "Performance Review" and take place in the holodeck area at Starfleet Academy(and any of the many doors at the Klingon Academy which they could call a "holochamber"). The "storyline" of the daily would be to review your performance on a previous mission and see if you can improve.

IMO the kind of "meat" that the storyline episode missions offer is what is missing from the current dailies. You have lots of little short missions that are basically the same thing every day, but this would give you something to do to earn some dillithium with a little more depth. And if you played a different one each day it would add quite a bit of variety to the current dailies.

/discuss
Captain
# 2
07-13-2012, 12:45 PM
I like this idea, modified slightly:

Daily replay in my Starbase's HD for 10 Fleet Marks.

Have the missions scaled up to VA.
Commander
# 3
07-13-2012, 12:48 PM
I like the idea!

Additionally, in a similar vein, a "Training Simulation" series could be given on the Fleet Starbases, utilizing the holodeck room (At least I think it was a holodeck room) I found. It could be a series of simple combat exercises in various landscapes (alien world, spacewalk, inside the starbase, aboard ship, etc.), utilizing some different combat formulas (rescue the hostages, breach and overcome, capture the target, last man standing) against any of the current enemy faction NPCs that STO has to offer, with the daily reward being fleet marks -or- dilithium, your choice, similar to the "level apprpriate item -or- dilithium" option given for current dilithium reward missions.

The fleet holodeck could also be used for space-based "training sims" as well, for the same kind of reward.

Missions would be offered on a random basis, so each day, you get a different random training simulation, with the randomizers being:

Space or Ground
Species
Objective
Location / Environment

These missions would be offered by the OOW.
The account formerly known as C_Carmichael
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You shoot him, I shoot you, I leave both your bodies here and go out for a late night snack. I'm thinking maybe pancakes." ~ John Casey
Captain
# 4
07-13-2012, 12:55 PM
It would be like Zaishen Dailies in Guild Wars. I'd like it a lot, but it would have to be a random mission, determined by the game. If it would be a mission you can freely chose people would pick out the shortest one and repeat that over and over and it wouldn't be better than the old dailies.
Banned
# 5
07-13-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
It would be like Zaishen Dailies in Guild Wars. I'd like it a lot, but it would have to be a random mission, determined by the game. If it would be a mission you can freely chose people would pick out the shortest one and repeat that over and over and it wouldn't be better than the old dailies.
There are some missions I simply dont enjoy, so I'd prefer it not to be random. If you are worried about some kind of exploit like you mentioned, then they could simply not allow you to get credit for the same mission more than once a week.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
07-13-2012, 01:19 PM
I love the idea, I think by giving rewards for replaying the main story missions is an excellent idea. I think making a daily wrapper for doing one is good, and I'd even suggest another wrapper for completing an entire arc which could give additional rewards, such as fleet marks for example.

Hopefully this is something that can be considered as a way to increase the amount of player interest in the story missions as well, the grind missions we have as of late get boring rather quickly...

Though this probably won't happen due to the disparity between KDF and Fed missions though
=/\= ================================= =/\=
Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
=/\= ================================= =/\=
Captain
# 7
07-13-2012, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3gr4ndnagu5 View Post
There are some missions I simply dont enjoy, so I'd prefer it not to be random. If you are worried about some kind of exploit like you mentioned, then they could simply not allow you to get credit for the same mission more than once a week.
Which would just mean cycling more incredibly fast patrol missions.
Banned
# 8
07-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera View Post
Which would just mean cycling more incredibly fast patrol missions.
When I said "episodes" in the OP, I was talking about...episodes. If that is unclear, those are the storyline missions you play while leveling like "stranded in space" or any of the many featured episodes. Patrols are not "episodes".
Commander
# 9
07-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Not a bad idea. There should add a replay story mission to the calandar of hourly events.

And if you replay a mission durring that hour you get extra rewards.
Lieutenant
# 10
07-13-2012, 02:02 PM
Solo Daily for Dilithium, Group Daily for Fleet Marks.
Just can't let go of the Excelsior...
Closed Thread