Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Ensign
I've mentioned this before, everyone always agrees, yet never a word from Cryptic on this?

Even my old CO toon (Void) has a "pet status window."

When I'm in my Kar'Fi carrier, I'd like to instantly know at any given time exactly what fighters I already have spawned.

Making it even worse, it seems this last patch changed the S'kull fighters; there is now apparently no ship or hull and no name tags... just a gas vapor trail behind an invisible or microscopic ship. I usually have no clue how many I have spawned, or where they're at.

Take pity on us old warriors, and give us a "pet status screen" so we know how many fighters we have launched.

?
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r591/CoolFatBurner/STO-sig.jpg
Captain
# 2
07-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfatburner View Post
Making it even worse, it seems this last patch changed the S'kull fighters; there is now apparently no ship or hull and no name tags... just a gas vapor trail behind an invisible or microscopic ship.
You can turn that back on in options, I think it's the last tab. It's to help frame-rate drop from too many 2D objects(the name text and health bars) on screen when there's a lot of pets and mines around.
Ensign
# 3
07-13-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
You can turn that back on in options, I think it's the last tab. It's to help frame-rate drop from too many 2D objects(the name text and health bars) on screen when there's a lot of pets and mines around.

Ah, thanks for that, will have to check it out next time I log on my Klingin.

We still need a "pet status window," though.

I waste so much time/energy trying to do trivial micro-managing, especially in the form of recalling fighters to follow-behind, while clearing away, from enemy ships about to explode. (especially cubes/battleships)
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r591/CoolFatBurner/STO-sig.jpg
Captain
# 4
07-13-2012, 09:03 PM
+1 for a pet status window.

Telling what you have out and at what quantities.
Ensign
# 5
07-13-2012, 09:23 PM
have to agree on this one expecially for the skul fighters since they kamikaze
Empire Veteran
# 6
07-14-2012, 12:37 AM
Need an option to have reticules enabled just for your fighters. So you can eye ball them in battle.

Then status window/area showing how many are spawned/alive and if possible their health so you know if you need to spawn more to replace them.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser
Captain
# 7
07-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Agreed. I don't know what the problem is or how hard it is to simply put a bloody numerical counter in the game.

We have to put the pet icons on the action bar do we not? Icons already can display numbers on them do they not? (timers)?

Why then, can the number of launched fighters simply not be shown on that same icon.

If I have my Bird of Prey icon in the powers bar then if I have 2 BoPs launched it should show a '2' on the pet icon i clicked to launch them.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Career Officer
# 8
07-15-2012, 02:52 PM
Yes, I 100% agree that there needs to be some sort of pet window that can display health/status of deployed fighters and frigates.

Champions Online's got one, why not STO?

-Quiiliitiila
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91856067000&dateline=  1340218559
Vote YES to the Jupiter Class Dreadnought!
Don't know what it is? Visit my forum HERE
And now check out the new Jupiter Class Dreadnought forum HERE
Captain
# 9
07-15-2012, 04:10 PM
No, health status would only create screen clutter. the only pets that you cant instantly re-summon is the bird of prey and the ferjai frigates (not sure about the danubes). Those have longer timers.

However, a simple 'this is how many ships are active out there that were launched from this hangar' counter lets you know when you can just launch more...or better even, which icon to click so you dont interrupt your ships mid-combat.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
07-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Agreed, pet status would be good for several ships.

Saucer, Chevron and Multi-Vector along with Odyssey and Bortasqu frigates. And of course anything with a Carrier bay.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.