Captain
# 1 BUG in CSE or hidden change?
07-13-2012, 03:34 PM
I was playing a CSE sooner today, and to my great dismay, I got popped several times through full shields. Sure, this is happening to me every once in a while thanks to gateways in ISE, KASE, but in CSE? There are no gateways! And usually, neghvars and cubes only get me there when I somehow loose shields.

So I looked in the combatlog (fortunately, I'm recording them pretty much always lately) and discovered I got popped by "Isometric charges" from neghvars. Doing upwards of 50k electrical damage (twice more than 100k). No wonder I didn't survive.

Umm, is that by design? I browsed through several older logs and didn't find any other electrical damage used in CSE prior to season 6.

Sidenote: all of the assimilated klingon craft seem to be using mainly disruptor energy weaponry now, not sure if that's also new or they just didn't use them much before.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 2
07-13-2012, 03:57 PM
The Klingons in CSE have benefited from some of the improvements we made to the Klingons you will fight elsewhere in the game. The use of Isometric Charge is one such benefit, however the power was originally intended to be used by players and was not properly balanced for use by Critters. This is being addressed, and will be checked into a future patch.

Until then, it's recommended not to fly too close to any friends while fighting these Assimilated Klingon ships. If the Isometric Charge doesn't chain to additional targets, it only does about the same damage as a Quantum Torpedo.

Actually, that's probably good advice for even after this change goes live...
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Captain
# 3
07-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The Klingons in CSE have benefited from some of the improvements we made to the Klingons you will fight elsewhere in the game. The use of Isometric Charge is one such benefit, however the power was originally intended to be used by players and was not properly balanced for use by Critters. This is being addressed, and will be checked into a future patch.

Until then, it's recommended not to fly too close to any friends while fighting these Assimilated Klingon ships. If the Isometric Charge doesn't chain to additional targets, it only does about the same damage as a Quantum Torpedo.

Actually, that's probably good advice for even after this change goes live...
Will the problem of "invisible torpedoes" ever be addressed, ESPECIALLY in Cure Space [Elite] ?
Captain
# 4
07-13-2012, 04:14 PM
Very well, nice to hear (see) an official word on this. And yes, I hope that hits "beyond 100k" are going to be adressed.

Also, I guess I'll finally have to get rid of my purely Plasma, Tetryon/ Kinetic damage resistance consoles.

Thanks for the info, Borticus.

Empire Veteran
# 5
07-13-2012, 06:07 PM
this might be a good time for a new alt and level with a lot of pve to see all the changes they mentioned they were making to npcs.
the pvp build and help thread
gateway links(should actually work now) -->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
07-14-2012, 06:21 AM
Just been playing in a CSE pug. I've noticed that the neghvars are spamming boarding parties and double tapping on the heavy plasma torps. Is this intended?

In this pug I also noticed at least 3 non crit hits in the 1 million + range from the neghvars using the isometric charge. I suffered one of slightly over 1 million non crit on a shielded arc, another player suffered a 1.5 million hit in similar circumstances but get this, the Kang was popped in 1 hit from 100%!

When the Kang is destroyed with 1 shot something is very wrong!
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
07-14-2012, 07:06 AM
What is the range that the charge need to jump to the next person?
Captain
# 8
07-14-2012, 08:42 AM
Downing Kang in one hit is really, really bad news.

And thinking about the "not flying too close to any friends", that's actually hard to accomplish when 5 players are trying to help each other. And in the case of negvars spawning, all 5 are concentrated on the last cube and them spawning. They kinda need to be fairly close to be of any use (unless half of them stay on top of Kang, waiting for a negvar to vaporise them all with the Kang when it approaches).

I hope the distance in question and (possible) damage will be adressed very carefully. Tough job in fact, Borticus.

Last edited by toiva; 07-14-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Lieutenant
# 9
07-14-2012, 10:05 AM
I belive in players hands an isometrice only packes about 30K max. But thing likle tose borg negh'vars probably have a hidden damage modifier thats pushing them to really high levels. I imagine they'll change them by making it unaffected by the NPC damage modifier.
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
07-14-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl104 View Post
I belive in players hands an isometrice only packes about 30K max. But thing likle tose borg negh'vars probably have a hidden damage modifier thats pushing them to really high levels. I imagine they'll change them by making it unaffected by the NPC damage modifier.
Another easy fix would be to simply disable their ability to use player abilities. Those neghvars are simply spamming their new found toys (boarding parties etc.) with seemingly no cooldown between uses.

Couldn't they simply have these abilities removed?
Player of the once promising game known as Star Trek Online. Derider of the derisory, Sultan of Stun, Captain of the Obvious and the Oblivious.
Dies a wee bit each time he sees a dino.