Starfleet Veteran
# 11
07-14-2012, 11:02 PM
Indeed. It would be less painful for the team as a whole if they klingons in Cure Space went without the "benefits" you see in the fleet instance maps.

Do they REALLY need to be spamming Boarding Party shuttles and Isometric Charges? I don't think so. For one the team usually has to focus on one cube at a time and be nearby in order to help with High Yield Plasmas from the Cube or the spawned Raptor/Negh combos (and launch heals). The Isometric Charge would discourage you from trying to help your own team by ripping you apart limb from limb for even trying to lend a hand the conventional way.

And Boarding Party is usually countered with a Tac Team, but you could run into situations where it will catch you blindsided and start messing up your systems, thus leaving you open to being butt humped by some other enemy in the vicinity (worse if you get Assimilate Ship on top of that and your TT cooldowns are going bonkers).

... Makes me wish we had Electric damage resistance for space besides shields. Though Electric is exotic... New shield anyone?
Empire Veteran
# 12
07-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl104 View Post
I belive in players hands an isometrice only packes about 30K max. But thing likle tose borg negh'vars probably have a hidden damage modifier thats pushing them to really high levels. I imagine they'll change them by making it unaffected by the NPC damage modifier.
Yesterday I ran CSE. Someone used isometric charge. Damages was around 100k. The assimilated carrier blew up. If this player did it. I guess dev increased this ability for neghvar.
Anyway, I noticed bop, raptor and neghvar can kill you when they blow up. In my case I was killed because 2 raptors blew up near by me. No way to counter attack this. Why we don't and we can't kill raptor when we blow up? Again dev are cheating us and they make it (stf) unfair.
http://i.imgur.com/RVocq.jpg
Captain
# 13
07-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dapperdrake View Post
Yesterday I ran CSE. Someone used isometric charge. Damages was around 100k. The assimilated carrier blew up. If this player did it. I guess dev increased this ability for neghvar.
Anyway, I noticed bop, raptor and neghvar can kill you when they blow up. In my case I was killed because 2 raptors blew up near by me. No way to counter attack this. Why we don't and we can't kill raptor when we blow up? Again dev are cheating us and they make it (stf) unfair.
Umm, warp core breaches have always been here, as long as I can tell. And you can lessen the effects by using brace for impact, for example. Player warp core breaches do far less damage because players have far less hull.

And I'm not sure what you meant with the first part. Are you saying the damage was increased for the player version?
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Add Tier 6 staple KDF ship types: Carrier and Bird of prey.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Commander
# 14
07-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Will the problem of "invisible torpedoes" ever be addressed, ESPECIALLY in Cure Space [Elite] ?
Nope. The devs consider the 'invisi-torps' 'content' and will therefore never remove them. Besideds, they have more important things to do, like rigging another lockbox scam
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Ensign
# 15
07-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Tried a few rounds of elite recently, and it's terrible. Blowing up in a ship's face doesn't even scratch their shields. Constant (yes, constant) mystery deaths from invisible something-or-other's and (surprise!) beam weapons that deal over 30K damage. In both CSE and Khitomer Elite I had a strange incident where something brought my hull to 0% but my shields were untouched. WTH was that?! I've even had attacks that dealt so much damage they went right through Tac Team or Tac Team didn't work at all (seems to be happening lately). Invisi-torps still exist. Normal torpedos can drop a shield facing in a single hit. Criticals still exist (either in their original incarnation or as a bonus to damage, see invisi-torp's instant KO). Passive plasma damage's increased potency in Elite is frustrating. And, isometric charges from the three warships, that just happen to take forever to drop even with high DPS, are just... Really? It makes me wonder if the XII set is really worth the effort. It's not like it's super-OMG-can't-touch-this wonderful compared to the XI set. The extra dilithium might be worth it, but the stress of a Pug (especially after losing the optional and failing the mission after close to 15min) kinda out weighs it.

End rant.
Career Officer
# 16
07-17-2012, 06:08 PM
This is also going on in the other fleet events, where you have multiple Negvars all together in a target-rich environment. Getting clocked by two in a row, then 5 minutes later seeing me and a perfect-condition Odyssey get one-shotted kinda bugged me.

Oh, and tac Team isn't clearing the Klink parties dependably, either...
Empire Veteran
# 17
07-18-2012, 02:07 AM
Today a neghvar ship fired some strange white projectile at me and I was blown to pieces even though I had 100% hull and 100% shield. What is this?

First we had (and probably still have) invisible torpedo of death from tactical cube in ISE. So instead of fixing that annoyance, PWE decided to introduce another annoyance but this time in CSE. Is this their way of joke?

Last edited by notapwefan; 07-18-2012 at 04:24 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 18
07-18-2012, 02:16 AM
Awesome!! A challenge
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
# 19
07-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post
Awesome!! A challenge
A challenge is something you can overcome. A weapon that does 100k damage, bypasses your shields, never misses, and chains, is a bug. Flying a BoP, even the first hit will kill you, and just came out of a CSE run where I watched 1 charge chain and pop 4 players in a row. Yikes.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
07-18-2012, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
Today a neghvar ship fired some strange white projectile at me and I was blown to pieces even though I had 100% hull and 100% shield. What is this?
That would be the "Isometric charge". A KDF player ability that has been transplanted into the neghvar along with some others. Predictably they have been buffed to crazy levels by the devs. In PC hands the iso charge hits no harder than a quantum torpedo and then increases each time it chains going up to an absolute max of around 30k-40k before any resistances or shields are taken into account. But I have seen these borg neghvars (and normal NPC neghvars) never failing to make 50k damage and non crits right up into multiple millions after resistances are taken into account! I've seen the kang in CSE get one shotted twice now. Once was when the neghvar spawned when one probe from the 2nd row are taken out had killed the 2 players hitting it and then cruised up to the kang resulting in *pop*. The other was even worse. 3 carriers and myself in my armitage = a lot of pets and a lot of pets + iso charge or two = lots and lots of chain damage. We had popped 2 cubes and held off the raptors. But one of the 'vars spawned and got off an iso charge immediately upon spawning which chained through all the pets and managed to somehow hit the kang, popping it instantly.
When the kang goes up in one shot you know that something has gone badly wrong!

Quote:
First we had (and probably still have) invisible torpedo of death from tactical cube in ISE. So instead of fixing that annoyance, PWE decided to introduce another annoyance but this time in CSE. Is this their way of joke?
In my experience the invisi torps can come from anything. Just remember to whack on "brace for impact" and any other kinectic resistance buffs you have immediately upon losing a shield arc as well as any shield heals/rebalance shields as appropriate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
ARC: A way to Redeem Codes