Career Officer
# 21
07-18-2012, 12:37 PM
ludicrous.

If it isn't one thing, it's another huh?

And I find this funny, because people were complaining about the very rare 50k hit when a player iso charge hit them. Now you get 100k+ from mobs lol

yeah one shot the kang, great way to keep people playing.
Career Officer
# 22
07-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The Klingons in CSE have benefited from some of the improvements we made to the Klingons you will fight elsewhere in the game. The use of Isometric Charge is one such benefit, however the power was originally intended to be used by players and was not properly balanced for use by Critters. This is being addressed, and will be checked into a future patch.

Until then, it's recommended not to fly too close to any friends while fighting these Assimilated Klingon ships. If the Isometric Charge doesn't chain to additional targets, it only does about the same damage as a Quantum Torpedo.

Actually, that's probably good advice for even after this change goes live...
I know you're busy doing the Lockbox crap right now, but I would advise that this bug is kinda a buzzkill and no-go....can you do a hotfix with tomorrow's patch for now and then something more longterm for the following patch? It's effecting SB24 and any other action that has Neghvars, which will also effect low-level missions. I'd hate to lose players because they get one shotted in the early missions...
Lieutenant
# 23
07-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Yesterday I ran CSE. Someone used isometric charge. Damages was around 100k.
Thats perfectly possibble, Between APA, APO, GDF, TF, and crits values pushig beyond 150K aren't out of reach for players. They're just not anything like normal. the Maority of Isometrics players use will be somwheer close to 30K non-crit.
Career Officer
# 24
07-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The Klingons in CSE have benefited from some of the improvements we made to the Klingons you will fight elsewhere in the game. The use of Isometric Charge is one such benefit, however the power was originally intended to be used by players and was not properly balanced for use by Critters. This is being addressed, and will be checked into a future patch.
Good to hear, because it's fun NPCs have new tricks up their sleeves, but that Isometric was way too much as a multi-1-shot weapon.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!