Commander
# 1 Chimera question
12-05-2013, 04:28 PM
I'm dusting off my Chimera, and I had a couple thoughts. most threads indicate using phasers and phaser relays to buff the phaser lotus. that's fine and well. my thought is, would flow cap and or a single tetryon tac console be effective in boosting the shield drain from the inversion beams? this is a PVE build, not PVP
Sensors indicate a caitian carrier, Sir. Excellent. Ready the Catnip Torpedoes for a full spread.

Captain
# 2
12-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Flow caps should but you might want to verify by grabbing a couple of cheap ones off the exchange and checking that function's tooltip in space (not sector) with and without the caps. The beams aren't Tetryon and shouldn't be effected by the Tac consoles for Tet, AFAIK.
Commander
# 3
12-05-2013, 05:23 PM
yes, the console in defense mode enables tetryon inversion beams.. I think i have some tet consoles. I think I'll sacrifice the borg console for the flow cap and one of the tac consoles for the tet
Sensors indicate a caitian carrier, Sir. Excellent. Ready the Catnip Torpedoes for a full spread.

Ensign
# 4
12-05-2013, 05:49 PM
If I remember correctly there are also a couple skills that aides the TACHYON ... not Tetryon inversion Beam, but not sure of any consoles.
Commander
# 5
12-05-2013, 06:06 PM
the tet pulse generators do not increase but the flow caps do. sad that the TPGs don't it might be worth it.