Career Officer
Hello Captains and (hope so) Dev's,
just wanted to know, if it will be possible at any time to buy common Doff's with Dilithium or EC's from ingame Vendors (just like uncommon and so on from Lt. Feirra)?

I'm running a little Fleet with only 2 active players actually, and am asking myself if we will have to spend millions of EC's to buy common Doff's off the exchange (way overpriced there from now on, as you all can imagine), or if we'll have only the choice to buy Packs from the C-Store (which i did: 5 packs=1000 Zen; These 5 Packs didn't even hold enough Doffs at least to start one Fleet Assignment).

I'm not that rich to buy hundreds of Doff-Packs.

So please make it possible to do those Assignments without wasting "years" to grind the EC's, or to spend dunno how much euros ^^... at least those Doff's should be common, aye?!

Edit:
Sorry for my "German-glish". Hope its not too hard to read

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!

Last edited by wast33; 07-14-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
07-14-2012, 01:30 AM
Do request personnel missions from the personnel officer at Starfleet Academy (orange circle).

Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
07-14-2012, 01:32 AM
Those don't work
you get a requirement of for example "Entertainer" and no matter how many you have you can't activate them
Career Officer
# 4
07-14-2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by obertheromulan View Post
Do request personnel missions from the personnel officer at Starfleet Academy (orange circle).
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Those don't work
you get a requirement of for example "Entertainer" and no matter how many you have you can't activate them
Thx for your replies guys. I'll check if this is the case also on my toon, and then report.

Edit: Just started those Assignments. They're runnning for about 2 days from now (this seems very long to me, reffering to the rewards you get). Indeed i wasn't aware of those assignments. Before i started this thread, I clicked through the Wiki a bit and found nothing on first sight.

I will report again when they're finished.

Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)

Last edited by wast33; 07-14-2012 at 04:40 AM.
Rihannsu
# 5
07-14-2012, 05:26 AM
You can easily get lots of common Doffs from the personnel officers at SFA. Whether they'll be the ones you want is the question...
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 6
07-14-2012, 10:00 AM
Yeah you pick up about 20 doffs per go, but you can only do those like once in every 4 days because after they complete you have to wait another 2 days for it to be avalibile again AFAIK.
Career Officer
# 7
07-14-2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl104 View Post
Yeah you pick up about 20 doffs per go, but you can only do those like once in every 4 days because after they complete you have to wait another 2 days for it to be avalibile again AFAIK.
Well, 20 would be just fine for me (at least 'cause they're totally for free --> common ). But in the reference it said something about 2 aquisitions per assignment, which sums up to 10 on 5 assignments for me (they're for free, but 10 in 4 days... at 7-24 specialized Doff's for one fleet assignment... hmm).
Did i pass something?

Last edited by wast33; 07-14-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Rihannsu
# 8
07-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Hunh? I'll make a list...

1: Cultural exchange, there's three, you usually get a single white, but you can get higher qualities and up to 3

2: the Personnel officer has 5 different misisons
2a: general recruitment give you a doff pack with 5 doffs at least one of them is uncommon or better, but you can get more than one non-white, NOTE: as the reward is a PACK you can save it for later.
2b-e: recruitments for specific branches, you get at least 2 doffs of the branch, and might get more on crit. Usually they're commons, but you never know what you might get.

you get at least 18 doffs from running the missions once, but at least one will be higher than common. 7 of the 8 missions can crit which will give you an extra 1 or 2 doffs, which are usually common but not always. In theory, you could get as many as 30 doffs, but the odds of that are slim.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 9
07-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Hunh? I'll make a list...

1: Cultural exchange, there's three, you usually get a single white, but you can get higher qualities and up to 3

2: the Personnel officer has 5 different misisons
2a: general recruitment give you a doff pack with 5 doffs at least one of them is uncommon or better, but you can get more than one non-white, NOTE: as the reward is a PACK you can save it for later.
2b-e: recruitments for specific branches, you get at least 2 doffs of the branch, and might get more on crit. Usually they're commons, but you never know what you might get.

you get at least 18 doffs from running the missions once, but at least one will be higher than common. 7 of the 8 missions can crit which will give you an extra 1 or 2 doffs, which are usually common but not always. In theory, you could get as many as 30 doffs, but the odds of that are slim.
Thx a lot for the enlightment ... Hope other Doff/Fleet Noobs like me will gratify from your post.
I will post again when my assignments are done, and i can confirm if they're working well (at my toon).

Rihannsu
# 10
07-14-2012, 03:20 PM
glad to help.

One thing did escape mention though. SFA is NOT the only place you can find Cultural exchange missions. On rare occasions you can find them in your "Personal" tab. Again though, it's rare, but it's worth looking for, as you can get personal CEs that aren't for Vulcans, Andorians or Tellarites. I'm not sure how many races there are but maybe all of the Fed Doff races. The last time I saw it pop up it was Ferengi IIRC.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!