Career Officer
# 1 Klingon Station reflection bug
07-14-2012, 06:01 AM
We recently opened up the windows to our Klingon Station. I was admiring the new windows when my attention quickly moved to the reflection. It showed large red columns and huge hands holding what looked liek a sun. I turned around and didn't see this. I kept going back and forth and at first assumed that it was reflecting a possible cosmetic upgrade we will get later on.

However what it is actuality reflecting is a small column and hand at the very back of the large room you are in. There is no way this window could reflect that unless you removed 3/4's of the room and pushed it right against the window. Even then the reflection is magnifying what would be there.

It may be a minor point but it is bugging the crap out of me since the large orange columns it is 'reflecting' blocks the view of space.
This thread needs more dancing girls.

Master using it and you can have this!

Be black on the right side. Add properly colored Cheron to the game today!

Last edited by lpthomasmarik; 07-14-2012 at 06:04 AM.
Rihannsu
# 2
07-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Another thread on reflections made me start wondering so I went to SFA and took close looks at the refections. The way the game handles reflections is to use the map layout and show you a low-res version of the map from the opposite angle. It's possible that in your case it's not just opposite angle but it is showing you the wrong side of the map.

EDIT: or maybe it's being mirrored on the wrong axis... soemthing liek that.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!