Captain
Title says it all. I dont see anything in holodeck that suggests the reward has been issued out. Its not a c-store redeem item, not in my inventory... no NPC is out there giving them out... what gives?
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Where's ma tribb, yo?
Career Officer
# 3
07-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Usually takes a week or two after launch.
Captain
# 4
07-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Soon(tm).

/10char
# 5
07-14-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm pretty disappointed with how they only give a weekend to earn those rewards. I was away on holiday and missed out because of it. Next time they should either a) hold these events on weekdays when there's more of a chance people will be home or b) make them go a little longer, accommodating for the fact that some people actually have lives.
Commander
# 6
07-14-2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
accommodating for the fact that some people actually have lives.
That's a pretty condescending thing to say. So because I was able to pop onto the test servers for about two hours that weekend, I don't have a life?

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Career Officer
# 7
07-14-2012, 11:38 AM
they didnt have to offer anything. I am sure enough folks would have taken part in the testing to try out the tholian missions once word of mouth spread about them. This would have uncovered the bugs but potentially not covered the load testing aspect.

the sto team however know how mercenary some of the playerbase is - the "why should we do their testing for them for no reward" crowd - and so put these rewards in place to encourage numbers for load testing.

Personally I think this is a bit of a kick in the teeth for those players who were bug testing all through the past month or so on fleet bases etc. Where is their reward for extended testing services?

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-14-2012, 11:40 PM
The testing "service" is for THEM, not us. They sugar coat it with "Hey, check out this new stuff we're doing!" when we all know that their purpose is to make sure their stuff is working properly (or even just at all). Don't gripe on people for asking for what was promised to them.
Captain
# 9
07-15-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonunderscore View Post
The testing "service" is for THEM, not us. They sugar coat it with "Hey, check out this new stuff we're doing!" when we all know that their purpose is to make sure their stuff is working properly (or even just at all). Don't gripe on people for asking for what was promised to them.
it's not like they pay attention... the camera bug, the exchange expired mail bug, the foundry not loading... all of that was repeatedly reported on tribble and they ported it to holodeck anyway
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
07-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteguy904 View Post
it's not like they pay attention... the camera bug, the exchange expired mail bug, the foundry not loading... all of that was repeatedly reported on tribble and they ported it to holodeck anyway
Tribble Test weekends almost always happen the weekend before a season goes live, they are simply stress tests of the build and to actually generate hype for the new season, if anything they are more a marketing gimmick than an actual test. There simply isn't time for them to actually fix anything from the test weekends, usually they just push it to holodeck, then find the bugs of holodeck and fix them afterwards, it may not be the best way to do it, or the right way to do it even, but sadly that's how it is.

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment