Ensign
So, stupidly, I converted all my white doffs to green while I was buying doff packs. I now have around 300 green doffs, 80 blues, and 20 purples, but no whites. Can I back-convert greens to whites to use in fleet upgrades?
Captain
# 2
07-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indarys70 View Post
So, stupidly, I converted all my white doffs to green while I was buying doff packs. I now have around 300 green doffs, 80 blues, and 20 purples, but no whites. Can I back-convert greens to whites to use in fleet upgrades?
Conversion is only one--way.

Just do the academy recruiting missions to get more whites.
# 3
07-14-2012, 07:49 PM
We'll be introducing Exchange assignments soon that will allow you to trade in a single green, blue or purple, for 3 duty officers of the next lower quality level, chosen at random.

It's not very efficient, we know that. It's intended to be a means for folks in the OP's position to still have an option to contribute white quality doffs to their fleet projects.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Empire Veteran
# 4
07-14-2012, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
We'll be introducing Exchange assignments soon that will allow you to trade in a single green, blue or purple, for 3 duty officers of the next lower quality level, chosen at random.

It's not very efficient, we know that. It's intended to be a means for folks in the OP's position to still have an option to contribute white quality doffs to their fleet projects.
I also think it will help those of us (like me) who convert 5 blues and end up with purple botanist number 12.

Can't wait for this to be on holodeck.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Career Officer
# 5
07-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post

I think it would be nice if it was 4. I get the point that there should be some loss so people don't keep flipping DOFFs to get what they want, but the prices costs in DOFFs for Season 6's content is pretty steep and with missions to get them on such a long cooldown I see a lot of bottle-necking occurring and even more difficulty for smaller fleets to compete.
Empire Veteran
# 6
07-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Sell unwanted greens on exchange. Use EC to buy whites. Problem solved.
Ensign
# 7
07-15-2012, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
Sell unwanted greens on exchange. Use EC to buy whites. Problem solved.
Are you aware that currently whites doffs are more expensiv than green ones? Hell I even saw a few blue ones that where cheaper than some white security officers.
Ensign
# 8
07-15-2012, 05:12 AM
Iam just getting use to the Doff system so iam not quite sure why you would want to go back to what I presume to be lower quality doffs, is there a preference to white officers for certain tasks?
Captain
# 9
07-15-2012, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewhale80 View Post
Iam just getting use to the Doff system so iam not quite sure why you would want to go back to what I presume to be lower quality doffs, is there a preference to white officers for certain tasks?
The lower level fleet starbase building missions have white doffs required for them. You have to turn them in.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Lieutenant
# 10
07-15-2012, 05:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewhale80 View Post
Suddently fleet projects ask for white DOffs now that most people like me were almost rid of even the green ones.

D'oh!! Ninja'd
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91857922000&dateline=  1342169682
Join date 20 Sept 2008