Starfleet Veteran
# 11
07-15-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgebhardt View Post
Are you aware that currently whites doffs are more expensiv than green ones? Hell I even saw a few blue ones that where cheaper than some white security officers.
Sweet! I could make a killing with the 500 or so white DOFFs in my mailbox
Empire Veteran
# 12
07-15-2012, 06:12 PM
All fleet projects only take white doffs? I managed to put a green one in a project over the weekend :S

That's something I was thinking about too, should green = 2 points into project? Blue = 3, purple = 4 etc?
And their respective fleet credits earned should go up accordingly too.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Fleet Corsair, Voth Fighter. Favs - Mogh, Bastion, Monbosh, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Tholian Weaver
Rihannsu
# 13
07-15-2012, 06:20 PM
SOME fleet projects require whites.
HAIL HYDRA!
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Show Archon and Borticus how much you would like to see new Doff races!
Rihannsu
# 14
07-16-2012, 03:36 PM
It would make so much more sense if the Fleet missions that "require white-only DOffs" be reworked so they now except "white or better". Green DOff missions require Green or better, etc.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 15
07-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
It would make so much more sense if the Fleet missions that "require white-only DOffs" be reworked so they now except "white or better". Green DOff missions require Green or better, etc.
Whoa there sonny! You're making too much sense for us simple folk. What are you, some kind of Vulcan or something?
Captain
# 16
07-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post
Whoa there sonny! You're making too much sense for us simple folk. What are you, some kind of Vulcan or something?
Heck let's make him a producer.

Screw it. I;m gojng home.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
07-16-2012, 08:05 PM
It is hoped, that the process can affect bonded Green DoFFs as well. I just did a massive reassignment with 60+ personell of blue and greens to other ships and Starbases. Just prior to Season 6 arrival.

The other Greens *bonded* have earned their keep to stay aboard my ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
We'll be introducing Exchange assignments soon that will allow you to trade in a single green, blue or purple, for 3 duty officers of the next lower quality level, chosen at random.

It's not very efficient, we know that. It's intended to be a means for folks in the OP's position to still have an option to contribute white quality doffs to their fleet projects.

Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T1.5, Tac 2, Eng 1 & Sci 1.
To the Edge of Space and Beyond

Subscribe to STO--1200+ days
LTS December 2011
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
That's something I was thinking about too, should green = 2 points into project? Blue = 3, purple = 4 etc?
And their respective fleet credits earned should go up accordingly too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
These are both excellent / sensible ideas.

I guess no one is there yet but I'm hoping the white doff requirement will evaporate as peoples starbases get to higher levels.
I hope that much beyond level 0/1 all these white doffs won't be needed any more.

You should also be able to contribute bound Doffs to starbases . . . I see no reason why not.
Career Officer
# 19
07-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliban149 View Post
You should also be able to contribute bound Doffs to starbases . . . I see no reason why not.
I have alts that exist solely to feed DOffs to my main, and from what I can tell there's two types of bound DOffs.

The first are the weakly bound DOffs, such as the ones in your initial DOff pack. Those can be traded in at the Personnel Officer for a higher tier DOff, which is unbound.

The second are the strongly bound DOffs, such as the ones purchased at LT. Ferra, which cannot be traded in at the Personnel Officer. This seems to be intended to prevent the subversion of the DOff rarity system, as you would be able to get an endless supply of unbound Blues and Purples from dilithium.

I suspect the weakly bound DOffs can be turned in at personnel swap missions like those resulting from the Bajor or Cardassia consulate chain, while the strongly bound DOffs cannot. I suspect the same would apply to starbase project contribution, but it's a little hard to verify as my main is swimming in DOffs while the alts are too far behind to check.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-17-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
I have alts that exist solely to feed DOffs to my main, and from what I can tell there's two types of bound DOffs.

The first are the weakly bound DOffs, such as the ones in your initial DOff pack. Those can be traded in at the Personnel Officer for a higher tier DOff, which is unbound.

The second are the strongly bound DOffs, such as the ones purchased at LT. Ferra, which cannot be traded in at the Personnel Officer. This seems to be intended to prevent the subversion of the DOff rarity system, as you would be able to get an endless supply of unbound Blues and Purples from dilithium.

I suspect the weakly bound DOffs can be turned in at personnel swap missions like those resulting from the Bajor or Cardassia consulate chain, while the strongly bound DOffs cannot. I suspect the same would apply to starbase project contribution, but it's a little hard to verify as my main is swimming in DOffs while the alts are too far behind to check.
Quite possibly but I still think you should be able to put ANY Doff into a starbase project,
including those bought from Lt Ferra.

I honestly can't see why not, once you put a Doff into a starbase, poof its gone forever along with anything you spent to get hold of it.
I can't see how that could really be exploited.

If you could use Ferra's it would
A) Eliminate the supply problem for green and better, hopefully leading to an end of the ridiculous pricing on exchange.
B) Create ANOTHER dilithium sink to stop you turning it into Zen.

Good for us, good for PWE.