Lieutenant
# 1 Tr-116
07-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Any plans on adding the TR-116 to the C-Store?

Even better,

Any plans to make the TR-116 scale with level like most other 'unique' items and then add them to the C-Store?

I know id buy it...

Along with a few more unique weapons...

Species particular weapons such as Caitain rifles/pistols and melee would interest me muchly...

Get making Cryptic
Career Officer
# 2
07-14-2012, 08:51 PM
I've got it, and I really, really wish it scaled. It's such a great weapon... for a Lieutenant.
Career Officer
# 3
07-14-2012, 09:13 PM
i know i would also buy it
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-16-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwadsdwad View Post
Any plans to make the TR-116 scale with level like most other 'unique' items and then add them to the C-Store?

I know id buy it...

Along with a few more unique weapons...

Species particular weapons such as Caitain rifles/pistols and melee would interest me muchly...

Get making Cryptic
I would like this
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Career Officer
# 5 Support.
07-17-2012, 01:25 AM
I've heard the same thing from many other players in-game, that the TR-116 rifle would be a fantastic addition to the C-Store. After all, transphasic kinetic space weapons give a higher shield bleedthrough, so why not give a ground weapon that does the same? Plus, shooting through walls, quite an advantage.

Plus, it also goes with the rounded eye piece that's already in game.

However, looking in to the history behind the weapon on Memory Alpha, it says this under the Apocrypha section.
"The fact that projectile weapons have not become standard-issue is probably a strategic decision by Starfleet; the limited environments and adversaries for which projectile weapons are an advantage over phasers are not sufficient in number or threat to justify the logistical problems of stocking or replicating ammunition. It may also be that the TR-116 is too close to being a strict assassination weapon to comfortably issue, whereas phasers can function as tools in addition to its use as a weapon."
Looking at this, i can understand why it would be limited. Then again, the Shard Sword of Khaless is supposedly rarer, and every Klingon character that has finished the Fekhiri missions has one.

And finally, Devs, if you do put it in the C-Store, PLEASE update the model. Currently, it's a plain old Phaser rifle with silly holographic stuff over it.
Reference material: http://www.phasers.net/2370/tr-116.htm

TR-116 Rifle - Make it so!