Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Commander
(and Directional AoE Ground Powers, like Tachyon Harmonic).

Tested and Confirmed Affected Powers: Pulsewave primary and secondary, Wide Beam Secondary, Full Auto Secondary, Tachyon Harmonic, Split Beam Secondary, Dual Pistols secondary, Minigun secondary, CRM 200 Secondary, High Density Beam Rifle Secondary
Suspected: Transphasic Bomb
---
Bug Description: Directional / Cone Area of Effect powers do not reliably hit targets in both RPG mode and in Shooter Mode. Both firing with red reticule and 'leading' the target generated misses in Shooter Mode. Targets with significant relative motion at an angle to the axis of the area of effect are not hit. For example, jumping and firing a gun at a stationary target will cause the attack to miss. Firing a gun at a target who is circling around you will cause the attack to miss. From the graphic and the nature of the bug, it appears that the power is firing in the direction that was correct when the button was pressed, rather than at where the target currently is.

Reproduction:
Equip a gun or kit with directional area of effect powers, such as: a pulsewave, Tachyon Harmonic.
Get a test partner.
Have your partner run in circles around you.
Shoot them with the area of effect power.
Observe that the power does not hit the target.

Please fix this bug as soon as possible. It badly impacts both PvE and PvP: I noticed it in PvE first, and was easily able to completely neutralize all the damage of opponents using a pulsewave when I tried applying the discovery in PvP. AoE damage weapons and powers are now glitchy and unreliable in PvE and completely useless in PvP.

Last edited by guriphu; 07-18-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-16-2012, 04:29 AM
I can confirm this bug exists.
I found this bug also affects splitbeam secondary fire and other AOE target types.
Captain
# 3
07-16-2012, 04:46 AM
And i thought it was my imagination with that new compressed cyro gun (which is a fancy name for a pulsewave that is slightly blue... yeah.)
Commander
# 4
07-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Ugh, no wonder I couldn't do anything in PvP. My Borg Medical Analyzer kit and Pulsewave have left me without teeth.

Looks like it's back to Medic + not shooting anymore until this is fixed...

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
Commander
# 5
07-18-2012, 01:06 PM
Transphasic bomb also appears to be missing fast-moving targets. I pulsewaved a borg into my bomb and blew it up, and it did not hit him although he was easily within its range and line of sight. I've heard reports of others having similar problems.
Lieutenant
# 6
07-18-2012, 02:07 PM
I've seen tholians take no damage from quantum mortar impacts, so is probably the same thing (and yes, they were right in the middle of the blue circle when it went boom).
Career Officer
# 7
07-19-2012, 12:45 PM
Confirmed this with my cryo shotgun, phaser pulsewave rifle, and in both Nukura and on PvP (both from myself and watching other players try to hit me).

Anyone think this was done on purpose? After all, pulsewaves were pretty stupidly powerful during Season 4-5.
Captain
# 8
07-19-2012, 01:06 PM
If it is missing fast moving targets, I am betting it is a lag issue rather than a more specific bug. By the time it has a chance to check the target's position, the target has moved.

It still seems to hit stationary targets fine for me (or targets moving towards me).
Cryptic Studios Team
# 9
07-19-2012, 01:58 PM
It actually has almost nothing to do with lag, and everything to do with some new prediction code we have in our engine. For those that play Champions, you might recall that they had a similar bug on their test server when testing the Champions: On Alert update. That bug was fixed before On Alert was released. I've gone ahead and enabled that same fix for Star Trek.

Expect that fix to come in an upcoming patch.
Commander
# 10
07-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Glad to see this being fixed. When you say you have 'gone ahead and enabled' the fix, does that mean it is live already on Tribble?