Career Officer
# 11
07-18-2012, 12:55 PM
another broken 'fix' by cryptic.

Hey guys,

You know,

You can,

TEST things before you send them out?

Could you imagine if food production companies were run the same way.. eh it looks fine.. oh look.. needles in my Turkey Sandwich. ( recent event fyi )

Cryptic must be helping them make the sandwiches. Don't worry, they will fix them, in a day, week, month or year.. or so.
Captain
# 12
07-18-2012, 01:15 PM
One of our group who got stiffed because the event ended before we completed nailed it with this comment- "They don't want us to have the REMAN gear".

Ya, they sure fixed the vault.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Lieutenant
# 13
07-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Seriouslly if i can't get data logs outside the event I'M NIOT GOING TO BOTHER, no matter how easy or hard it is. I live in the EU, the event often dosen't line up well and i am not wasting months to get a set that is castegoriclly infiriour to the other options avalibile to me. Why should i.

I also have to be honest, having done a couple of all shhuttle runs pre-season 6 when i first tried it, i don;t think it's very good anyway. the whole basic premise is flawed becuase it's far too easy to fail this thing. There way too many things that can cause a failure, and everything in their is tightened down to the barest margin of error.

Add that to that fact that shuttle remove everything thats actually fun about flying spacships in STO and i have littile intrest.
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
07-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Well, with the fix in place to keep cap ships out the vault is going in the right direction BUT the event timer that nerfs datalog payout in favor dilithium kills the entire event for me. It needs to go back to the way it was. The vault was hard (and it's SUPPOSED to be) but the current S6 configuration ensures that only trained teams will get the loot if they start the last run 10+ minutes BEFORE the event is scheduled to end.

50 minutes for a 60 minute event is NOT ACCEPTABLE.
My team hit this problem today, we started at 5:55pm and were most upset not to get the datachip at the end. It is hard enough with shuttles without getting kicked at the end because the goal posts have moved and nobody said anything. Please put the vault event back as it was, keep the big ships out but base it on the starting time not the finishing time!
Ensign
# 15 Use a bug to counter?
07-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieshdorf View Post
Which many times they still don't get due to the horrible systems in place like a scorpion fighter cloaking and flying into a glitch which then cuases players to struggle to find a way to at least shoot at it before they loose which 9/10 they end up failing.
Does the fire at will bug counter this? Fire at will supposedly auto target cloaked enemies.

It is unfortunate the vault is this way, I like the idea of a shuttle mission but this is a bit much. Currently using slipstream in a shuttle is the better shuttle amusement.

Now partying like its 1999 on the forums.
Commander
# 16
07-21-2012, 06:11 AM
i need 2 datalogs to fully upgrade my reman set to mk12. after that i don't think i will EVER do the vault again. i'm amazed that players have no idea how to do this mission. with good players it is easy, but otherwise it is miserable.
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Lieutenant
# 17
07-21-2012, 01:39 PM
I like it better post-S6 for only one reason: the queue is now a PvE queue. I have never played it before S6 because the previous queue was so messed up I wasn't able to join.
Starfleet Veteran
It would be a benefit if extra chips could be transferred - otherwise they are worthless and you have worked hard to get them. Depending on how the Duty Officer Upgrades go you can end up needing more chips to complete and if they are sitting on another character unused this is a frustration. A small change but I am sure it would be welcomed by most players.
Captain
# 19
07-22-2012, 08:22 AM
I'm not sure if anything was done to the vault with the 7-20 patch but I did notice yesterday in both my event participations (about 6 runs in total) the scorpion spawn rate is down a bit from last week. Also noted twice our team completed the run with seconds to spare and got the dreaded "we have to retreat' message. I'm thinking server lag may have nerfed our award as we all looked around and saw NO remaining enemies with less that 10 seconds to spare, and still had to retreat empty handed.

Dunno, it seems better but not 'fun' like the old days.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $30 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Glad to see general consensus.

Last week I had a few good runs, but I tried another few tonight and it was alllll over the map.

Run 1: Failed room 3-- had a team leader who REALLY knew his stuff. Record time through rooms 1 & 2. 'Dex did not spawn until <1 minute on timer. Impossible to kill. First time I've ever seen such a thing. Also the thaleron hit the Rerik THREE TIMES. omg....
Run 2: Aborted room 1-- team never got past 4 players. Didn't even see a fifth drop out.
Run 3: Failed room 2-- I pugged with a fleet team of 4. Good coordination but too much aggro in Room 2 at core 4. Couldn't mop up in time.

I am DONE with this event until I see patch notes. Gorramn waste of time. Don't turn all these events into mini-stfs, that's not the game I want to play.

=/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=

Last edited by brackynews; 07-24-2012 at 08:28 PM.