Ensign
I have a problem. The email I used for this account no longer exists, therefore when I send an email to that address it goes into oblivion. As a result I can not change my email one this account which result in the inability of me getting this One Time Account Verification Code. My current address is the same name but at Gmail.com. Cause I've discovered how much hotmail.com sucks.
Ensign
# 2
07-14-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiphilinus View Post
I have a problem. The email I used for this account no longer exists, therefore when I send an email to that address it goes into oblivion. As a result I can not change my email one this account which result in the inability of me getting this One Time Account Verification Code. My current address is the same name but at Gmail.com. Cause I've discovered how much hotmail.com sucks.
Ok, I just had the same issue: my email no longer existed and you know the rest... oblivion. However I do have a solution for you it worked for me.

First go to "My Account" check to see what email your linked to.

Once you got that, copy your email address and go to whichever site you created your email.

Then you create a brand new account on that site.

This is the important part: past the email from "My Account" when you are creating the new email.

Trust me this trick works, I too had the same issue with my email address.

Hope this works
Ensign
# 3
07-14-2012, 07:13 PM
That is a nice trick, and I bet it would have worked somewhere besides msn. But when attempting this trick I get this lovely message.
Quote:
This email address is part of a reserved domain such as live.com, hotmail.com, or msn.com. Please enter a different email address.
So I still have the problem and it seems I have no way of accessing my account. Thank you for the quick response. I appreciate it.
Ensign
# 4
07-14-2012, 07:25 PM
Your going to love this. You don't need to have an account code to change your e-mail address. If you go to the main STO page, log in, and then click My Account at the top of the page, there is an option to change your e-mail address without verification.

Because Cryptic decided to opt everyone in, they had to leave a way to fix the very problem you are describing. Therefore, they made this feature utterly useless in protecting anything. In fact, it actually helps account theifs. Now if someone gets access to your long deleted e-mail account, or they hack into the one you have notifications sent to, they can permanently steal your account away by changing it to their e-mail, locking you out and gaining all your information and there is nothing you can do about it. Forget simply emptying your bank account, now they have a way to take your characters for their own.

Amazing! You would be best to disable this thing on your account as fast as possible.
Commander
# 5
07-14-2012, 08:21 PM
You still need access to the old email for the "change email" feature to work as it sends a verification email to the old email address. I'm not sure where you got the idea that it doesn't do that.
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Ensign
# 6
07-16-2012, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiphilinus View Post
im having this problem! its driving me mad! i have sent them several tickets but still no responce!
Ensign
# 7
07-17-2012, 02:28 PM
I wonder where those e-mails go? While this whole mess is annoying, I rather hate Hotmail, for having a clause that enables them to delete your email if you don't access it in a 90 day period at their liberty without notifying me.
Ensign
# 8
07-18-2012, 10:29 PM
I have an active email and I NEVER received an email with a "one-time code". is there a way to have it re-sent?
Career Officer
# 9
07-18-2012, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultleaderxx View Post
I have an active email and I NEVER received an email with a "one-time code". is there a way to have it re-sent?
If unanswered, it will re-send every time you log into the game iirc. Check your spam?
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Ensign
# 10
07-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultleaderxx View Post

I have the same problem. I never recieved this code, and also I do not recieve the code, when I try to log in again. I checked the Email thats registed to my account - it is the active email I use. I checked the spam folder - no code....
Closed Thread