Commander
# 21
07-16-2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
wow.............. a real answer............cherish this moment it doesnt happen often!

Lieutenant
# 22
07-16-2012, 06:17 PM
When the button said C-Store and used C to purchase things, it was the C-Store.

Now, the button says Z-Store and uses Z to purchase things.

I'm pretty sure a Vulcan would say something like, "Logic indicates that its proper name is the Z-Store. To call it the C-Store despite the evidence to the contrary would be illogical."

The devs can call it whatever then want, but don't expect everyone to agree. Just like the Foundry system. They can call it "being worked on". But it's broken. And until it's fixed, I'll refer to it as "broken".
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
08-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emperormak View Post
When the button said C-Store and used C to purchase things, it was the C-Store.

Now, the button says Z-Store and uses Z to purchase things.

I'm pretty sure a Vulcan would say something like, "Logic indicates that its proper name is the Z-Store. To call it the C-Store despite the evidence to the contrary would be illogical."

The devs can call it whatever then want, but don't expect everyone to agree. Just like the Foundry system. They can call it "being worked on". But it's broken. And until it's fixed, I'll refer to it as "broken".
Yup, quite obvious to me it is a Z-Store. Sure the URL and Banner on the Website say C-Store and Cryptic Store respectively, but that is just because they used the same graphics and layout from before the PWE buyout so as not to confuse players anymore than they already were. If you notice, no other PWE game other than STO and CO (yup I said PWE game since that is what STO and CO are now) even have a way to access the store for that game from the website. And, to top it all off, Neverwinter is following that same format (No C/Z-Store on the website at all). Cryptic just doesn't want to admit they had to completely sell out.

I see similar stuff all the time on a show I watch (it involves a Pawn Shop in Vegas...) where someone will come in with an old item, that shows its age, and the owner of the item says it is worth more because it "has character" when the owner of the Pawn Shop and the experts are clearly saying otherwise. Just because you say it is a C-Store (it has Character) doesn't mean that is what it really is.

If I open a store in Germany and only take Euros, but call it a ? Store, is it?
Career Officer
# 24
08-18-2012, 08:56 AM
If you are thinking of buying a ship with real money, go for a c-store ship. Account wide will always trump a slightly better ship on one character anyday of the week

As far as I am concerned the fleet ships do not exist