Ensign
I've also been having many crash issues, especially in the last 3 months. I play in a Windows 7 laptop with no over-clocking, etc. I haven't had any hardware problems, but STO has been crashing frequently. I often get a message that says; "Disconnected. Please click "Support" for more info."

The "Support" button doesn't give me any answers whatsoever, and I also get messages on attempting to log in that says; "Disconnected from login server."

This is REALLY pissing me off! Shouldn't a game be as close to seamless as possible to allow its players to actually PLAY the game?!
Career Officer
# 12
07-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazorbolt35 View Post
I've also been having many crash issues, especially in the last 3 months. I play in a Windows 7 laptop with no over-clocking, etc. I haven't had any hardware problems, but STO has been crashing frequently. I often get a message that says; "Disconnected. Please click "Support" for more info."

The "Support" button doesn't give me any answers whatsoever, and I also get messages on attempting to log in that says; "Disconnected from login server."

This is REALLY pissing me off! Shouldn't a game be as close to seamless as possible to allow its players to actually PLAY the game?!
That might be your modem resetting. What I do is exit STO, disconnect the power cord from the modem for about a minute; reconnect it. Lert it run it's diagnostic. After usually there is an yellow exclamation point over my connectivity icon in my quick launch (in my taskbar). I right click on it, and choose 'troubelshoot problems'. It goes through it's steps to reset the mechanism within your PC. After that, the last screen should say that it's been fixed.
Career Officer
# 13
08-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazorbolt35 View Post

I think i finally solved the problem. No thanks to GeekPolice or on the Star Trek Online forums.
One friend told me to go into the BIOS and lower my memory clock ratio from 1333 to 1054(?).
So far absolutely no crashes.
if you don't know how to do this tell someone knowledgeable to help you, because you'll do more harm than good if you set the ratio too high or especially, too low.