Career Officer
I am only a Engineer at the command level 23.
But I am already thinking about my goals when I hit the big VA level.
Looking through the Ship charter, for the end-game ships, I relized that there is not so many ships that I would be happy to fly in.

So my question is how terrible player I would be if I for an example choose to venture around in a Sovereign class ship in End-game content.

I always go with the principal that you should fly the ship you want to fly in and don't get to taken away bythe linear ship choice that Cryptic assign to you, however, I don't want to be that guy who screws a entire STF up because I choose to play a ship that is not T5.

Thanks in advance
Career Officer
# 2
07-16-2012, 09:50 AM
The Sovereign is already an end game ship, at the moment the difference between an RA and VA level ships is very low but at some point their should be a Fleet version to go with the upcoming CStore version (at least I hope so, it disappeared from the roster a couple of weeks ago).

Either way, any RA level (level 40) ship is more than adequate for any of the end game content currently in game.
Concessimus etiam omnibus liberis hominibus regni nostri, et dedit pro nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum, quibus libertates subscriptas, habendas et tenendas eis et heredibus suis de nobis et heredibus nostris in perpetuum.
Career Officer
# 3
07-16-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwgacy1 View Post
The Sovereign is already an end game ship, at the moment the difference between an RA and VA level ships is very low but at some point their should be a Fleet version to go with the upcoming CStore version (at least I hope so, it disappeared from the roster a couple of weeks ago).

Either way, any RA level (level 40) ship is more than adequate for any of the end game content currently in game.
Few responses in a forum that makes me smile.
Thanks for the fast reply, you just gave me the energy and willing to play STO even more.
Empire Veteran
# 4
07-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Seconded, RA ships are as good as c-store ones.
Career Officer
# 5
07-16-2012, 11:03 AM
The Sovereign is an endgame ship, you'll be fine in it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
07-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah, tier 4 and higher ships and no one should bat an eye. Show up in a miranda or a freighter and you are just F'ing everybody. Especially if fleet marks are the payout.

Currently the game auto-levels players in certain situations, but auto-leveling the player toon doesn't suddenly give you more than 2 forward/1 aft weapon slots on your ship or give your BO's anything past Lieutenant level skills.

Now, if someone shows up in a STF or Fleet Mark event in a freighter or a tier 1 connie, I just leave. I might have to wait out the queue timeout, but at least I don't waste my playing time in a mission that we all fair because someone thought it'd be cool to do No Win Scenario in a freighter.
Captain
# 7
07-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Yup, any ship available from level 40 (having 12 Boff ability slots - with the exception of the Hegh'ta and B'rel) is Tier 5 and considered endgame ship.

Of course, how good they are depends on the captain and equipment.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Add Tier 6 staple KDF ship types: Carrier and Bird of prey.
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Commander
# 8
07-16-2012, 01:42 PM
I'm leveling my eng right now actually (32 with a galaxy) and will be using the Sovereign for most situations in end game, unless I feel the need to run around in my dreadnought and pew pew things with the lance.

[Unrepentant] Lapo@overlapo: the problem with space STF
is that you can't properly teabag your defeated opponent

Unrepentant: Home of the Rainbow Warrior and the Rainbow Brigade.
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
07-17-2012, 08:53 PM
I love my Sovereign, she's reliable and seen me through many an Elite STF. I have never felt the need to replace her with a C-Store ship, for my own amusement (Solo stuff) I do own a MVAE but it's hard to fly it with Threat Control.

That being said the new Fleet Heavy Cruiser (which are incredibly ugly) have the same BOFF layout, a better turn rate and an extra console, could be a contender but the T3 Fed Cruisers are my most hated ship designs in the game.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.