Captain
# 11
07-16-2012, 06:02 AM
I made a forum-only PWE account and still play with my Cryptic acc. Will they eventually shut the "Cryptic log-in" in the game launcher down?
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Captain
# 12
07-16-2012, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rankin0bass View Post
I'm sorry, but this is simply not true. I was completely unable to use my original handle, even without capitalization.
Ditto. In fact i had to come all the way down to using my real name to get an account. Last time I did that was back in AOL days. And I have a very long list of possible account names in the back of my head. (I'm a former hacker who used to "teach" hacking and wrote tutorials way back when)

Everything that I came up with was either already taken or didn't get back their filters.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Career Officer
# 13
07-16-2012, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytarg View Post
I made a forum-only PWE account and still play with my Cryptic acc. Will they eventually shut the "Cryptic log-in" in the game launcher down?
According to the 'Linking' FAQ...
Quote:
Account linking will soon be non-optional. If you have a Cryptic account and link now, you can claim a special item in Star Trek Online. Also, the sooner you link, the better chance you have of getting your preferred account name and display name.
http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=570451
Captain
# 14
07-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Oh, the linking FAQ. "Everything is better now, everything is easier, everything is only for your own good, citizen... err... captain..." XD

What's that "special item" anyway?
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-16-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrskyfaller View Post
Reply:

Haro! So sory you not happy! Please buy zen to be happy! We happy you buy zen ^_^ .

You ask problem be fixed. There is no problem. You buy zen and no more problem!
I'm not sure whether to call you an insulting idiot or an insulting racist.
Commander
# 16
07-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Reply:

Haro! So sory you not happy! Please buy zen to be happy! We happy you buy zen ^_^ .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharkan View Post
I'm not sure whether to call you an insulting idiot or an insulting racist.
I've had a few conversations with foreign outsourced support lines that were shockingly similar to that actually.
Career Officer
# 17
07-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
I believe there's 5000 Dilithium as well as one of those boxes that generate a random level-appropriate weapon. I remember I got a Rare quantum torpedo launcher as a result, but I don't remember if there was anything else.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-17-2012, 02:00 AM
For the life of me I don't understand why some people have so many problems. It took me like 45 seconds to merge my accounts, and - not that it matters - I have the same forum name.

Commander
# 19
07-17-2012, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Oh, the linking FAQ. "Everything is better now, everything is easier, everything is only for your own good, citizen... err... captain..." XD

Just FYI - don't expect to get along with that sig for too long..
Republic Veteran
# 20
07-17-2012, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Reply:

So wrong on so many levels in todays PC climate but so true it hurts.

Join date July 2012 ... My feckin arse ( Feb 2010 )
"The great thing about the internet is its leveling effect; online all opinions are equally WORTHLESS." <------> Grant Morrison