Lieutenant
hi, i dont have a monthly subscription but..... i do throw a wee bit of cash on my account every week..... so far as i have calculated in the past 2 months i have spent about 170 Dollars on my account. sooooooooo.......... dont you think that after spending that kind of money i should have access at least to the account bank. or at least get some kind of honorary temporary gold membership for like 1 month or something? what does cryptic think?
Captain
# 2
07-15-2012, 06:12 PM
There are Gold members who also spend that much in 2 months. Shouldn't they be entitled to the Gold benefits that you're unwilling to spend another $10.00 a month for?
Captain
# 3
07-15-2012, 08:06 PM
Not a matter of granting access. There is no current way for any f2p member to gain access to the account bank. They haven't coded it yet. (or so they say)

If you take a second and search for account bank, you should see a fair amount of discussion on the topic.

Oh and I wouldn't brag about spending money on this game. Some of the lifetimers who spent $300 way back when get a little testy when a silver or f2p brags about how they're spending money.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining

Last edited by mikewendell; 07-16-2012 at 06:16 AM.
Lieutenant
# 4
07-16-2012, 04:49 AM
sorry i wasnt trying to brag, most of my online friends who play here are either lifetime members or subscribers and they still dump money in every week cause the perks of the subscription is very low. in my opinion if you dropped 300+ dollars or whatever for a life time membership and the game goes free to play, everything should be free for that player. that would be a perk, not a meesly 500 yen / month.

the point is that some people like me who didnt buy a subscription pay more or put more money into the game than the subscription fees are, why are they not entitled to some of the other perks. i could even understand if the perk lasted for... one month.

also i may have missed the other topics over the account bank, when i did a search i came up with nothing so, i apologize for my ignorance.
Rihannsu
# 5
07-16-2012, 04:56 AM
i agree i spent 300 in 2 weeks i spent another 600 in less then 2 months shouldnt I get acess to my account bank (Im life time) I think free to play has alot of perks already.
-Spells

|| Open Door Policy ||
| Dues Ex Mechina |
Fleet Leader

Captain
# 6
07-16-2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cushionride View Post
the point is that some people like me who didnt buy a subscription pay more or put more money into the game than the subscription fees are, why are they not entitled to some of the other perks. i could even understand if the perk lasted for... one month.
I think my point above is that you're not spending more money then Gold members. Golds get a Stipend but they're still paying money each month for the new things; be it Lockboxes, ships, uniforms, whatever. You might be spending $30.00 a month on game fluff but a Gold member is often spending equal or more then that between the Sub fee and buying the same new fluff.

Gold benefits aren't about how much unneeded fluff you buy. They're about your willingness to support the game beyond just buying the fluff. IE, you're willing to spend money even when you're not interested in any of the fluff coming out that month.
Career Officer
# 7
07-16-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
a Gold member is often spending equal or more then that between the Sub fee and buying the same new fluff
Yes...

Oh god somebody stop me from spending more money!

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Career Officer
# 8
07-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Release Notes June 7,2012

It appears that Silver members should have access to Account Bank. Silver just has fewer slots than Gold. Maybe this should be looked into deeper.
Captain
# 9
07-16-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmasters View Post
Release Notes June 7,2012

It appears that Silver members should have access to Account Bank. Silver just has fewer slots than Gold. Maybe this should be looked into deeper.
I said that too (I would have to dig for the thread) but 1) no one believed me and 2) I got quoted back the bit about how many slots the lifetimers and gold got and was told that explained how many slots the f2p players got.

After twice pointing out that no, it in fact did not, I just said the heck with it and moved on.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining

Last edited by mikewendell; 07-16-2012 at 05:40 PM.