Commander
After doing 3 STFs in a row where new people who obviously didn't know the strategies managed to screw things up i have a simple proposal that would at least help to mitigate the problem.

With the new season 6 fleet action events they all include a 15-60 second pause at the beginning, a time to review the briefing if needed and discuss with your team who will do what. If a 45-60 second pause was added at the beginning of each STF that would give the veteran players who know the correct strategies to win a chance to brief the new people before things get crazy and no one is paying attention to there chat window.

No this would not fix the problem 100%, some people would still refuse to use the chat window or follow the plan, but its a simple change that would improve things over the current situation.
Captain
# 2
07-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Yes, this would improve it a little bit but like you said as long as pugs exist there's always going to be the person who blows the generator early in Infected space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Commander
# 3
07-16-2012, 12:59 AM
and the people with chat disabled
Republic Veteran
# 4
07-16-2012, 02:17 AM
They need to delete all the popup mission spam, and sub it with flyby text and voiceovers, that + the pre-start timer would go along way towards making the STFs much more accessible.
Captain
# 5
07-16-2012, 02:31 AM
I have had players (on occasion) play Infected Space and purposely wreck it for the rest of the existing team. And when they have wrecked it they leave. But what can we do some people are like that. But I think for those players that are new to the STF missions knowing exactly what to do and how to do it more experienced players should show some liency. Come on guys at the end of the day it is only a game. Yes it would be great that we complete the STF missions properly everytime but sometimes it just won't be possible. As the saying goes. There's always a next time.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
07-16-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by john98837 View Post
After doing 3 STFs in a row where new people who obviously didn't know the strategies managed to screw things up i have a simple proposal that would at least help to mitigate the problem.

With the new season 6 fleet action events they all include a 15-60 second pause at the beginning, a time to review the briefing if needed and discuss with your team who will do what. If a 45-60 second pause was added at the beginning of each STF that would give the veteran players who know the correct strategies to win a chance to brief the new people before things get crazy and no one is paying attention to there chat window.

No this would not fix the problem 100%, some people would still refuse to use the chat window or follow the plan, but its a simple change that would improve things over the current situation.
The problem is not so much players who don't know what to do but more a case of players who refuse to listen, refuse to use team chat or respond to team chat or private messages. Your solution will do nothing to fix this real issue.

A much better system would be that you never get put into a STF or any other group mission with people on your ignore list.
Commander
# 7
07-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jounar1701 View Post
The problem is not so much players who don't know what to do but more a case of players who refuse to listen, refuse to use team chat or respond to team chat or private messages. Your solution will do nothing to fix this real issue.

A much better system would be that you never get put into a STF or any other group mission with people on your ignore list.
Excellent idea. If this were implemented, within a month all the as*hats and trolls would have no one to play with but each other
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Career Officer
# 8
07-16-2012, 07:14 PM
I feel your pain why I stoped runing them now i am waiting for the stf store update to hit

i recomend work on starbase there is better gear in there

what is in stf store there is advanced gear better than stf store
Commander
# 9
07-18-2012, 06:11 AM
"It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life." Jean-Luc Picard [Peak Performance]
Prime Minister Nayrok: Do not relax your security for an instant, Captain. He is extremely violent, and very cunning, as you already know.
Jean-Luc Picard: A matter of internal security: the age-old cry of the oppressor. The Hunted [3.11]

Last edited by defcon1776; 07-18-2012 at 06:13 AM. Reason: typos
Commander
# 10
07-18-2012, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defcon1776 View Post
"It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life." Jean-Luc Picard [Peak Performance]
Except that a cometant team using all mk 10 standard stuff and no sets but a good BO lay layout can beat one in 10 minutes. The only way to lose is via incompetance (rainbow boats) or trolling.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines