Captain
# 21
07-19-2012, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpower2012 View Post
Well Thank you very much for that. I assume you're the one who's responsible for the long and very boring wait at the start of each mission?
Better a 60 second boring wait than wasting 10-20 minutes on a mission just to have someone with no idea what they are doing blow the optional and in some cases cause you to loose the mission outright, wouldn't you agree.
Captain
# 22
07-19-2012, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeykool View Post
You guys are such cry babies about stfs. If you dont like pugs dont play in pugs. If you like the way somebody plays pm them, put them on your friends list and try to play with them in the future. Join their fleet or have them join yours. Why do you need devs to waste their valuable time automating a process that you are entirly able to do yourself.
There is nothing more annoying than some jerk telling every body what to do, waisting time typing, and right or wrong dictating tactics. Suck it up, use your tools, be a big boy.
Being someone who knows a thing about programming if you think adding a 60 second pause at the beginning of a mission would take more than an hour of time you are a moron. That has to be one of the simplest updates they could possibly do to a mission.

Secondly what exactly do see that is wrong with a short period at the beginning to see if everyone knows wtf they are doing, and if someone doesn't to fill them in so they don't waste 10-20 minutes of everyones time, and then leave you waiting 60 minutes before you can try again and hope for a better team. I do not see a downside to this.
Ensign
# 23
07-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm1958 View Post
rewards should be based on performance. someone like a AFK'er would get nothing. the guy that did the most damage would get the best drops and the middle players would get rewarded accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood98998 View Post
Don't forget to factor in healing, damage taken (all positive) and deaths (negative). Also, objectives (probes in KASE, for example) should also have a big effect.
john98837, implement these with a few lines of code... Your not the only one who can program, Neo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jounar1701 View Post
The problem is not so much players who don't know what to do but more a case of players who refuse to listen, refuse to use team chat or respond to team chat or private messages. Your solution will do nothing to fix this real issue.

A much better system would be that you never get put into a STF or any other group mission with people on your ignore list.
The problem is that people like this guy think they know anything about what is going on. There are several valid ways of completing any stf. If you want to be a leader, don't bark orders at people. The second that happens you go on the ignore list. Look at what your pug is doing and help however you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dood98998 View Post
There are three kinds of people in an STF: the kind that are competant enough to pull their own weight, 'noobs' (rainbows, anyone?) And the kind you just mentioned. I hope I fall into the first category, but I definately am not the third kind. You sound like one of those guys who says 'jeez, if you don't like pugs don't pug' well, answer me this: how do I play STF's when 99% of the people who play them PUG? The proposal on this thread would require minimal effort on PW's part, and would have a positive effect on the STF hell we go through nowadays.
It takes minimal effort to friend people with similar play styles and try to fly stfs with them. What happens when your ideas balloon the queue times from 1 to 3 minutes to 15 or 20 because people like you can't deal with flying with pugs. Jeez, if you don't like pugs don't pug. Or at least pug until you find people you like to fly with.

I got MkXI MACO and Omega sets and a full compliment of MkXI weapons for my ship in pugs. I never had to tell anybody what to do. It took about two months of casual play. That doesn't seem broken. I'm using my friends list and fleet mates to try to get my MkXII's. I know that there is no way in hell that's going to happen in a pug.

The OP here isn't invalid. It wouldn't take much effort to add animated mission briefings with voice. The waits would get annoying, but the success rates would go up so in the end the net aggravation would not change. But this idea that 'you' are some sto Nimitz is bs. You may think your pulling your weight, but if your busy typing during a fight, how much good are you really doing? Let people fly their stf, eff it up, and get better. Somebody let you.