Lieutenant
Has anyone else noticed wierd behaviours out of their torpedos since the launch of Season 6?

For example:
Enemy ships launching heavy torpedos that loop around and strike the same ship that fired it.

Clicking to activate a torpedo spread ability, only to have no torpedos fire, yet the torpedo cool down shows that it did. Watching the damage that the enemy ship takes confirms that no torpedo spread was fired (as opposed to fired but just not drawn in graphics).

I've had both of those issues occur repeatedly since the launch of season 6.
Captain
# 2
07-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Yup, noticed that too. You mean it's doesn't only happen to us Klingons ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Lieutenant
# 3
07-16-2012, 03:24 PM
You are definitely not alone on that. Roughly 40% of my torpedo spreads no longer work, and I've seen as many as 75% of heavy torpedos fired at me loop around and strike the ships that fired them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Count me as a witness. Funny as all hell watching them fire upon themselves but it does need to be fixed.
Captain
# 5
07-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uxvorastrix View Post
Has anyone else noticed wierd behaviours out of their torpedos since the launch of Season 6?

For example:
Enemy ships launching heavy torpedos that loop around and strike the same ship that fired it.

Clicking to activate a torpedo spread ability, only to have no torpedos fire, yet the torpedo cool down shows that it did. Watching the damage that the enemy ship takes confirms that no torpedo spread was fired (as opposed to fired but just not drawn in graphics).

I've had both of those issues occur repeatedly since the launch of season 6.
I've had the ability issue as well, and it seems to affect other weapons as well. Then there's the occasional tendency to deselect the target I'm on when I activate a skill, as if I clicked on open space. Half the time I don't realize it, and when I press the weapons to fire, they'll automatically select a target, usually not the one I wanted to shoot at. Very annoying. . .
Republic Veteran
# 6
07-17-2012, 02:14 AM
Quote:
Ability activation seems to be quite a bit worse after S6, however it could be due to the server instability and latency issues it's experienced since S6 came around.
Commander
# 7
07-17-2012, 03:10 AM
Quote:
You are definitely not alone on that. Roughly 40% of my torpedo spreads no longer work, and I've seen as many as 75% of heavy torpedos fired at me loop around and strike the ships that fired them.
shh i dnt want that one fixed lmao

Career Officer
# 8
07-17-2012, 03:20 AM
Though haven't actually seen these 'boomerang torpedoes' myself, I have to say I don't actually know whether mine have fired or not anymore due to game lag.

Can be quite amusing, as sometimes fair to assume that they did fire, since the target has gone bang, but didn't actually see the torpedoes either launch or hit the target. It's just 'press the buttong..... lag...... enemy ship is a fireball!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Commander
# 9
07-17-2012, 04:11 AM
No issues here. Never had any boomerang torps come back to kill me, never had my torp spreads miss. Sure, in areas where there are a great number of ships, the torps will not register as anything more than light blue circles, but that's happened forever.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Commander
# 10
07-17-2012, 05:01 AM
I thought this was an "intended" change:
The Lockboxes became selfaware, and instead of destroying players they try to kill their former masters ... (which has to fail, they're stupid Lockboxes after all)
Makes sense counting in they selfdestroy reproductive organs tomorrow.