Career Officer
# 1 Request: LCARS sounds for UI
07-16-2012, 02:12 AM
I was watching TNG the other day and i thought of something that would be simple and yet give the game a more star trek feel.

it would be simple to code, and the LCARS sounds are out on the internet and pretty much royalty free.

What I am talking about is when you access certain windows and drop down menus and so forth, like fleet panel, friends list, mission, etc.

In other words accessing the UI elements in the game, should have LCARS sounds.

Of course there should be an option in the audio tab of the options to turn on and off the sounds if you wish, but I believe just a little tweak would add to the trekness of the game.

I say this, because there are alot of sounds in star trek that are almost subliminal in nature, you don't know they are missing until they are not present. such as the engine sound of the ship moving through space.

EDIT: since i can't describe what sounds I am talking about I will see if I can cobble together some of the sounds to show as an example. also I would love to get a dev response on this if possible.

-
Commander
# 2
07-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentexeider View Post
it would be simple to code, and the LCARS sounds are out on the internet and pretty much royalty free.
Which doesn't mean they are cheap for a company.

Just to remind you of something: "Mail Notification Sound"
It gets annoying as hell sooner or later, and I guess lots of people will deactivate LCARS sounds pretty quick. Meaning having done a devjob with tiny benefits.

It's like Comic-Addons for various MMOs, they are fun for some minutes or hours, then you turn them off never to be used again (with very few exceptions).