Ensign
# 21
07-17-2012, 05:22 PM
Yeah. My Tactical Odyssey tank isn't invincible by any means, but it'll take a licking from two or three Borg tactical cubes for several minutes, unlike these warheads that'll one-shot me with their point defense.
Rihannsu
# 22
07-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Yeah, the way they upped the difficulty is insane... ONE team managed to beat it before and they were among the most awesome in existence. Upping the difficulty is one thing but this is nuts.

And yes, Enemy weapons and attacks are completely independant of the way player stuff works.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 23
07-17-2012, 08:13 PM
These showed up for me during the mission "Past Imperfect" and being a lowbie at the time I face planted.
# 24
07-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Yeah, the way they upped the difficulty is insane... ONE team managed to beat it before and they were among the most awesome in existence. Upping the difficulty is one thing but this is nuts.

And yes, Enemy weapons and attacks are completely independant of the way player stuff works.
Which is sad, because players and NPC's should use similar, if not identical BO abilities and weapons (borg excluded)
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Republic Veteran
# 25
07-18-2012, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodrau View Post
Yeah. My Tactical Odyssey tank isn't invincible by any means, but it'll take a licking from two or three Borg tactical cubes for several minutes, unlike these warheads that'll one-shot me with their point defense.
FYI it's not a 1 shot ability, the Point Defense is a continuous attack, like a Turret, the kicker is it does some 4000 (Before resists) damage a shot or something in NWS.
Career Officer
# 26
07-18-2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomarin View Post
I'll state again for the person who didn't read it in my first post:

We accept that it's "no-win" and nearly impossible, that's cool!
You obviously don't accept that it is no-win, that it is entirely (not nearly) impossible.

That being said, I agree that the difficulty jumps too much too soon.

Since I don't believe in no-win scenarios, I run the others and leave No-win Scenario to die on the vine, much like the Crystalline Entity (though you at least get points for progressing).
Ensign
# 27
07-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aexrael View Post
FYI it's not a 1 shot ability, the Point Defense is a continuous attack, like a Turret, the kicker is it does some 4000 (Before resists) damage a shot or something in NWS.
I stand corrected. The result is the same however. I'm cruising along (full combat speed + max maneuvering skill + elusive) with max shield skills, EPtS II, a fully charged Ageis Covariant Shield and my semi-impressive Odyssey hull, and I don't even get the chance to register how may of these warheads it took to reduce my ship to a fireball of death in seconds in the NWS. It's ludicrous.
Captain
# 28
07-18-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
so bio warheads from AI units are overpowered but bio warheads from player ship is still the same?
Yes, the player version of the weapon is still the same. Matter of fact, if your shields are in decent condition, player Bio-Neurals will be absorbed mostly by it. If your shields are down or weakened, you're screwed.

If only my version of the Bio-Neural can hit as hard as the AI's version can
Lieutenant
# 29
07-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Quote:
In the TV shows the long drawn out battles are instead shortened to really high action scenes due to budgest reason and even then the high action scenes often contradict the facts of what would of happend like for example in the DS9 episode "Sacrifice of Angels" not one shield effect showed up in the battle. It was a horrible Star Trek battle(im not saying it was terrible but it didnt do star trek justice), it simply was way to Star Wars or similar sci fyi type. Every thing that really made star trek was thrown out the void for explosions. Too much pew pew BOOM not enough shield down to 80% orders captian.
Sacrafice of Angels had plenty of sheild effects.

DS9 used conformal sheilds though, (it looked better on the station), and becuase the tech was just coming in to do these then they went with the weapons coming off the sheilds as plasma, producing an exploshion FX on the sheilds.

Later of course they went for proper FX, e.g. Nemesis. But by then they coudl do thsoe FX at an affordable price. DS9 just used a diffrent cheaper FX.

My main complaint was that even by the standards of trek the DS( fights whjere blindingly short. I mean look at DS9 vs bugships. a few photon torps and their down. Yet we know that a galaxy with boosted weapons power, (shield and aux to weapons), and MANY minutes of sustained fire couldn't even scratch them. We also know from other facts that this is far more damage than a handful of torpedoes do.

Hell the Defiant needs 2 Quantum torps to do nearly as much damage.

Add in the ludicruslly low cashulties the station tends to inflict, (despite numerous fast kills being shown), and well...
Banned
# 30
07-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovusamberose View Post
So....how come these are so incredibly overpowered?

A single missile ripping through a cruisers shield in ~5 secs with its AP point defence? 2 missiles disentegrating shields and hull in less time than that.

They also appear immune to gwell and TBR? Is this simply to make the fight more "No-Win"?
Typical yank crying cos he dont win.