Commander
# 1 About Carrier Craft
07-16-2012, 05:16 AM
I dont know if this is supposed to be the case or not, but when I was doing the Stranded In Space mission with my Atrox and I was launching carrier craft, I noticed my Weapon power dropping. As I said I dont know if that is what is supposed to happen but I got to say, if that is supposed to happen....it doesnt really make alot of sense, why would it require power from ship subsystems to launch a fighter or other small craft from its hangars when those small craft launch under their own power? It would be like saying it requires a starship to siphon off power from the Environmental and or Life Support system just to fire a Torpedo....two COMPLETELY different systems...
Commander
# 2
07-16-2012, 12:24 PM
Anyone? Hello?
Ensign
# 3
07-16-2012, 07:10 PM
My 0.2.

Seeing as your fighters are your main weapons, it's only fair that it costs you weapon power to launch them. As for how the Atrox actually works, I'll leave that up to the canon police, but it is often a device for carriers to use some sort of catapult system to get their fighters off in a hurry. If the Atrox uses something like that, the power would have to come from somewhere. If not from your weapon power, perhaps you'd be okay with dropping shields to launch fighters, or stopping dead in space?
Rihannsu
# 4
07-16-2012, 07:13 PM
Guys... It costs Aux power to launch fighters.
Lieutenant
# 5
07-16-2012, 07:15 PM
I've never noticed any power drop from any subsystem while launching them...
Community Moderator
# 6
09-28-2012, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl104 View Post
I've never noticed any power drop from any subsystem while launching them...
You shouldn't either, Aux affects reload speed, but doesn't drop when launching.

And to the OP - please don't bump, you'll get replies if people know, and it might help to put it in the correct sub forum (Fed Ships) which I'll move it to now.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.