Banned
Now that Season 6 is live and you have seen it for yourself, are you satisfied with how the fleet donations system works?

*Click to Vote*

After you vote, please explain why you feel the way you do

PS: please ask your fleetmates to case their vote too!

Last edited by th3gr4ndnagu5; 07-16-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Captain
# 2
07-16-2012, 08:58 AM
I don;t touch anything owned by Automattic due to their ignoring their own privacy policy many times previously as well as the questionable actions of the owner.

The donate system is fine for me. Just wish those optional projects had been a little more clearer in their description. I read it as being for future income. That's my own fault though I;m sure.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Commander
# 3
07-16-2012, 09:07 AM
Don't really like it. It favours the few how have much and are online at the right time.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Lieutenant
# 4
07-16-2012, 09:11 AM
If the twenty-hour core projects were the only way to earn fleet credit, there would be a problem for larger fleets. But now that there's a spreading understanding of what the thirty-minute Special Projects are for, it seems like the system is pretty well thought out.

Only remaining issue I see is the one-at-a-time donation UI for doffs and data samples.
Captain
# 5
07-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Seems OK, but our fleet works together toward a common goal.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Not really.

My fleet is pretty small (only about 4 active members) ans despite a fair bit of talk about how no one should hog the donations it seems the temptation proves too much for most people and thus I haven't been able to contribute anything to about the last 5 projects run.

Projects slots also tend to get a bit "locked-in" to particular timezones. The main reason I haven't been able to contribute much is because the "Change over time" almost always falls at about 4am in my timezone.

I also think different types of contributions need to be better balanced.

Dilithium is BY FAR the most rewarding to donate. If you sum the credits gained from filling up everything else needed for the project it won't even get close to matching the person who puts in JUST the Dil.

I personally don't think this is very fair.
In particular I think Doff's should be worth a damn sight more. . . . as they are proving the most difficult / expensive to obtain. . . . most people are swimming in Dil.
Commander
# 7
07-16-2012, 09:39 AM
i find it very hard to contribute since everything is already filled. this is a good problem to have though. i figure as time goes by i will get a chance to contribute. i mean people have got to eventually run out of stuff right?
http://startrek.44thfleet.com/
Career Officer
# 8
07-16-2012, 09:53 AM
Perhaps much of contention within fleets could be solved if Leaders were given the ability to limit contributions. For instance:

Dilithium Donation
Commodity Donation
Expertise Donation
Mark Donation

Or possibilty limit based on Fleet Credits (per project).
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-16-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdm1958 View Post
i find it very hard to contribute since everything is already filled. this is a good problem to have though. i figure as time goes by i will get a chance to contribute. i mean people have got to eventually run out of stuff right?
Thats like me, But we have two items still needed for two projects but I cant help with them because the large sum of EC I have I cant use to buy Phaser Turrets to help finish said mission.

I dont understand if this was done on purpose by pwe or if it was by accident that it appears all starbase related items in the Exchange is not purchaseable.
Captain
# 10
07-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Perhaps much of contention within fleets could be solved if Leaders were given the ability to limit contributions. For instance:

Dilithium Donation
Commodity Donation
Expertise Donation
Mark Donation

Or possibilty limit based on Fleet Credits (per project).
Maybe, but that could lead to some really Ill feelings.

As it stands, it's not terrible, (but maybe I think so cause I'm leading the entire fleet...)

Maybe if its really so bad, there could individual projects handed out to various members and only they get to contribute, but they're worth tons of fleet XP when they're completed.

That might work.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.