Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Foundry eta?
07-16-2012, 09:44 AM
when will the foundry come back? I want to finish off my stuffz :O ... or rebuilding my stuffs.
Lieutenant
# 2
07-16-2012, 09:50 AM
They haven't announced when it'll come back just "ASAP"
Lieutenant
# 3
07-16-2012, 10:23 AM
from people's previous experience, are we talking days, a couple of weeks, or a couple of months?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-16-2012, 10:40 AM
Keep it positive, think happy thoughts. As one of my Foundry characters said in The Other Academy, "The warp drive works along the same principles of voodoo or witchcraft."

But seriously I don't expect any programmer to give you an ETA because I married one. They are a puzzle, wrapped in an enigma, shrouded by hot coffee and pizza rolls. But I do love him.

My husband only gives his clients deadlines when he is 100% sure he can make the deadline. So the programmers simply don't know. It is just like that little blue bar copying your files that keeps telling you an ETA of 2 minutes... no wait 3 years... no wait 1 week and 6 days... uh 59 minutes... I think... etc..

So what is up with opening a new thread? Is all others too full?
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Career Officer
# 5
07-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Guess who makes those clueless blue bars!
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
07-16-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm as impatient as anyone else, but really anything under 5 weeks is an improvement

If I had to venture a guess, I'd say sometime this week. But I don't know what their process really entails, so I can't say with any certainty.

They'll let us know when it's back. As the 7th Rule of Acquisition states "Keep your ears open."
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Career Officer
# 7
07-16-2012, 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glyken View Post
from people's previous experience, are we talking days, a couple of weeks, or a couple of months?
This is something unfortunately even the experienced can't answer.

When Season 4 went live, the Foundry took like 2 months to get back online. But when F2P (Season 5) went live, there was nothing wrong with the Foundry.

With Season 6, we assume there is nothing wrong. And this long wait is merely them uploading all those Foundry missions.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Rihannsu
# 8
07-16-2012, 11:29 AM
I'm guessing by the end of the week, but it's a guess.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 9
07-16-2012, 01:58 PM
I am not an impatient person as a rule but this kind of thing bothers me. They run a dedicated test server so how is it things go live in the condition they invariably do. I seriously hope they haven't lost or destroyed a massive number of missions...
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
07-16-2012, 02:22 PM
I could be wrong, I don't think the test server could really tell them what would happen in this case. They did not to my knowledge go through a big republish effort when these Foundry updates hit tribble. After all there's weren't many missions on tribble to republish, I know I never remade mine after they were wiped.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.