Ensign
# 1 Total newb
07-16-2012, 03:53 PM
looking for a linkshell/guild/whatever you call them here...

Used to FFXI / WoW / GW / Rift...

Bit prem this as i'm still downloading the client..

So where do i start?
Ensign
# 2
07-17-2012, 03:18 AM
Well i'm up to level 7
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
07-17-2012, 03:34 AM
If you want to join a fleet let me know on my handle @hrci2907

we are called Adriatic Fleet.
Captain
# 4
07-17-2012, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asmokingcoin View Post
looking for a linkshell/guild/whatever you call them here...

Used to FFXI / WoW / GW / Rift...

Bit prem this as i'm still downloading the client..

So where do i start?
Hello Smoking Coin, welcome to Star Trek Online.

This unique MMO is rather easy to learn so I wouldn't worry rushing to join a fleet (that you may not like later on) just yet.

For the first 30 levels of gameplay, you'll be learning starship command and management skills very gradually in a stress-free environment for the most part. So take your time, relax and enjoy the Trek-Lite experience of STO's mission-based storyline.

Its when you're past level 30 that you'll be commanding a very large and potentially very powerful starship - but still while Fleets can give you all that you know to create "the ultimate weapon", it pays to rely on your own personal resources and mettle to create your very own customized war-winning solution.

The reason is thus:

I can teach you to create "the best ship" in terms of damage output. But you'll have no idea of the process, and the sheer exhiliration of building your own favourite Star Trek ship of the line. If I gave you all the answers in Day One, you'll probably be at a loss and being micromanaged by others.

As a F2P player I can tell you this - a fleet is not a one shot ticket to success. Joining one doesn't guarantee access to a professional, supportive organization. Each fleet has different agendas, different specialties, different management.

So fly out solo, just like all of us did once upon a time as new starship pilots. You'll find what you like (or don't like) about Star Trek Online... and from there you can tailor your expectations to just what kind of fleet suits your playstyle and your social expectations.

This is not a recruitment post.

I'm just saying, my newbie days in STO was the most enjoyable time I've ever had in my gaming career. No one told me what to do, I don't have to follow ridiculous rules and regulations and sell my personal data in exchange for fleet participation (I ain't joking, I know a few who even promote based on real money contributions.)

So take your time and boldly go out to explore. We will wait for you, when you, the Captain, can tell us what you need of a Fleet

If you take my advise and take it easy on Fleet recruitment, you'll also find that you go into Fleets not as the new guy, but as an established persona in the world of Trek Online. That's very important. You call the shots, and decide what to do with your ship and your crew. Don't get pressured into joining an organization you haven't even heard of, or haven't proved themselves to you but are just wanting a free member in their ranks, for whatever strange purpose.
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Career Officer
# 5
07-17-2012, 04:43 AM
I have a guild/fleet

It is for newer players as well as the lone wolf players.

I originally had it for myself but now I need, with season 6, as little help. So I decided to start and try recruiting a cadre but really dont expect to recruit more then 10.

I have been playing since beta and know the ins and outs of the game and can help in most, if not all endeavors.

my handle is @garravesh
Napoleon's final defeat came at Waterloo. Must've been embarrassing. You're the f'ing emperor. You conquered all of Europe, only to lose in a place with a stupid name like Waterloo. Or Watergate, or Whitewater. Note to politicans: Stay on land.
Captain
# 6
07-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Today in the news...

Noobs pwn Colony Invasion & starbase incursion! 25 fleet marks high score! Pure 100% newb pwnage
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel