Captain
# 31
07-17-2012, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Well if they can't help let me know and ill sort it out for you (im not sure how long it takes to commission a set of ships or what it costs as yet)
But I will help if you still can't get the ship you want.
I will keep that in mind. Thank you. Let us see what Perfect World does next. I am willing to bet that there is another solution. Keep in mind that other players are also being affected. Even though your solution may help one person, Perfect World can come up with a solution that can help everyone.

How far are they willing to go, so Perfect World can keep paying (F2P) customers around? We will find out soon.

Last edited by linyive; 07-17-2012 at 12:24 AM.
Commander
# 32
07-17-2012, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
I want you to remember this moment. I am a paying customer, and I am about to walk out the door.

How the hell do you solve that problem?

I followed the rules, and I ended up losing.

I am a casual single-player.

When I gave it a shot at joining a fleet, I ended up losing out at the end.

I was basically told, "You get paid in fleet marks, so you should be happy with just getting them."

You guys gave power to one group of players, and you ended up alienating another group in the process.

If I have the money on the table (while meeting certain requirements), how did another player just determine how I use my resources?

Why are other players (and gates) standing in the way of me making a purchase?
my fleet is around 200 ppl, only bout 30 active, but were getting our projects started pretty good now, but with that said, i refuse to tell my fleet who is allowed to buy fleet ships when they become available.

its first come first serve. and my fleet seems to be thankful about this policy

we may not be getting base levels as fast as super fleets but there is no fighting

if you dont like your fleet and wanna join mine contact tank@spacetank ( thats me) in game

Empire Veteran
# 33
07-17-2012, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picard99 View Post
Futher more calling contribution ranking list a "Leaderboard" creates a rivalry and for some people makes.....
I was hoping that the leaderboard was more for a fleet Vs fleet pvp or something along those lines.

Starbases are nice and all, but beyond all the shiny new stuff it is just another boring old grind.

PvP needs some lovin'

(Sorry for hijacking the thread)
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Captain
# 34
07-17-2012, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
This is where Fleet Politics come in

I'm pretty sure what your players are trying to tell you is; they don't like this answer. When you start getting into the larger fleet sizes, policing contribution rates is nearly impossible, lots of work, and ultimately not fun. Especially if it's a day in and day out affair like this is. It also breeds irritation and resentment within the fleet itself.

Last edited by xantris; 07-17-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Captain
# 35
07-17-2012, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
This is where Fleet Politics come in -- since the officers (read: fleet ranks with the right permission settings) are able to see the projects, Fleet Leaders, and the fleet as a whole, may want to agree on setting some ground rules for donating. I'll pass along the feedback, but I think you answered your own question in your post Cheers, Brandon =/\=
Doesn't that also contradict the nature of "Star Trek"? I thought "Star Trek" was about promoting unity?

We live in a world where politics is ripping everything apart. Why would you want to make a digital atmosphere where people quit, argue, and rage?

Why would you also want to put other players in the way of another individual's ability to buy something? Why are you folks alienating people? If someone has the cash in hand, you should not make them jump through hoops. Let people buy stuff without all these obstacles.

Do you want people to stay united? Do you want people to make a purchase?

Where do you draw that line?

This is a game based upon the series "Star Trek", right?

Where is the logic?

Quote:
A lot has changed in the past 300 years. People are no longer obsessed with the accumulation of things. We've eliminated hunger, want, the need for possessions. We've grown out of our infancy. ~ Picard; Episode: The Neutral Zone
Maybe Picard is right.

Maybe its time to eliminate my desire to accumulate new game elements; thus, removing any of my temptations to buy stuff from the c-store (zen store).

I have a lot of things to think about.

Last edited by linyive; 07-17-2012 at 06:27 AM.
Captain
# 36
07-17-2012, 07:07 AM
The only way I see right now to help players that are overlooked in their larger fleets (when it comes to the ability to get ships and other goodies) is setting up a channel (if it wasn't done already - I've already mentioned it a couple times) where small, or alts, fleets can offer their surplus provisions for whatever they need (I can imagine mostly fleet marks, dilithium).

Yes, it couldn't be perfect, there would always be people who just "rob the stores" of the too trusting fleet, or unscrupulous fleet owners who would wait for the newcomers to fill all projects yet later deny them the possibility to buy "stuff". All I can do is hope that the "bad players" get known, as well as the honorable little fleets.

That's the proposition I have, and unless the devs decide to change the current system, the only feasible.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Captain
# 37
07-17-2012, 07:30 AM
How I would fix this system:
(1) Make more fleet mark missions available to casual and single players.

(2) Make a way for a single player to be able to turn those marks in for fleet credits (without worrying about joining a fleet).

(3) Keep the module and fleet credit requirements in place, but remove the tier requirements to accommodate 'independent' players.

(4) Remove the ability to buy the modules from the exchange, so people are forced to buy them with the purchase of zen.

If someone walks up to you with the required fleet credits and modules, they should have instance access to these high level ships. Anything else creates division and alienation. You also risk losing a chance to make a currency based sale.

Last edited by linyive; 07-17-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Captain
# 38
07-17-2012, 07:38 AM
EDITED OUT, obsolete data!

And as a single player, I'd definitely have anything against your points 1 and 3. Only it would make the SB construction worthless, if not for aesthetic purpose.

Last edited by toiva; 07-17-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Captain
# 39
07-17-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toiva View Post
You're confusing Fleet marks and Fleet credits.

Fleet marks are given as reward in new missions, and then used in fleet projects. From contributing them (as well as everything else needed) you finally get Fleet credits.
And those Fleet credits are the actual currency you can them buy stuff with in Fleet stores.

And as a single player, I'd definitely have anything against your points 1 and 3. Only it would make the SB construction worthless, if not for aesthetic purpose.
Fixed. Can you remove the quoted aspect of your post, so that people will not be confused? Thanks.

When I was referring to currency, I was talking about actual money.

Last edited by linyive; 07-17-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Captain
# 40
07-17-2012, 07:56 AM
Oh, forgot to add, I disagree with your 4th point. As it is, it's easier for me to get the modules from the exchange than from the C-Store.

And finally, for the second point: If all you need is Fleet credits, I'll gladly invite you temporarily to my solo fleet, heck, I'll even start a project of your choice for you alone to fill, if you wish. That's part of the usefulness of the channel I suggested.

Last edited by toiva; 07-17-2012 at 08:00 AM.