Lt. Commander
# 41
07-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linyive View Post
(4) Remove the ability to buy the modules from the exchange, so people are forced to buy them with the purchase of zen.
Why? Someone still has to pay zen for the module in order to put it on the exchange, but it lets people who don't want to spend money directly still have access to the fleet ships. PWE still gets their money and you can still buy the modules with zen to avoid that part of the fleet ship grind, so what is the issue?
Empire Veteran
# 42
07-17-2012, 08:21 AM
Back to the OP, as the one who is setting up the projects for our fleet, I agree with your point that all players should be able to see the projects that are in the pipeline. It helps with overall planning for everyone.
Lieutenant
# 43
07-17-2012, 08:30 AM
I'm in a large fleet, and it's not practical to give everyone the option to see/select the next upcoming project. Why? Simple, projects require different things. We had someone choose a project where we had to contribute 25 refugees. Refugees are tough to come by and it took us awhile to overcome that objective.

I don't understand why there is an option to not allow fleet members to contribute.
Starfleet Veteran
# 44
07-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stohanson View Post
I'm in a large fleet, and it's not practical to give everyone the option to see/select the next upcoming project. Why? Simple, projects require different things. We had someone choose a project where we had to contribute 25 refugees. Refugees are tough to come by and it took us awhile to overcome that objective.

I don't understand why there is an option to not allow fleet members to contribute.
Selecting the next project is for sure something that should be erstricted, but not been able to see the next project makes no sence, more so when they sometimes require harder to get resources.

Another idea would be to restrict contributions to blocks, for example, if a project requires 10,000 dilithium, players should only be able to contribute it 500 maybe 1000 at a time (a bit like particles traces, althoguh tbh I think they shouldbe in blocks of 10, not 1 at a time!). That way more people get a chance to contribute instead of one person been able to fill up the entire contribution in 1 click. This immediatly solves the issue of who clicks first wins and gives more people a chance.

The way our fleet has distributed loot, is that we have made each memeber select a main char, each char is allowed to buy '1' ship and the items to equip it, as well as a set of ground items for themselves (not thier BoFF's). We then assign permissions to buy the stuff as needed and moniter the purchases. Once everyones mains are sorted out we'll be reviewing the resources we have and make adjustments as needed so people can begin to equip thier BoFF's and alts. To be honest though, I hate the idea of limited items in the store, all it does is cause friction in the fleet.

My prediction for how it will all unfold eventually is how some raid guilds worked in WoW. You'll get a few fleets with T5 starbases, they will then invite people to the fleet to make high tier purchases (assuming they have the lfeet credits) and charge them a premium for doing so (maybe in the form of C-point gift vouchers). My guild in WoW used to sell raid spots in raids we had on farm status to casual players so they could buy the raid loot them wanted, pretty sure the same will happen in STO eventually as smaller fleets fall behind.

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 45
07-17-2012, 09:05 AM
--- Removed My Post ---

Last edited by linyive; 07-17-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Career Officer
# 46
07-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Just had a good idea.Please remove whole leaderboard tab.It does increase rivalry. Just saw fleet project filled in 2 seconds.
Career Officer
# 47
07-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Add a voting mechanic the fleet leader can toggle for certain ranks to be eligible to vote on what upcoming project to place in the oven. Voting ends after a given time. Alt/trial protection via rank permissions.

Fleets that want to avail of such a system can do so, others can stick with the top-down approach, others can discuss on private forums etc. Asking Cryptic to address communication and decision issues within the group of people you freely choose to be with... is silly.

The system is designed to allow people to leave fleets they feel are incompatible and keep their fleet credits (effort they input) intact. You can -only- lose out be spending your time with people who are incompatible (won't let you see/discuss the projects, won't put you in line for a starship, snipe the easy consumables etc.)
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 07-18-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Lieutenant
# 48
07-18-2012, 09:01 PM
As the Fleet Admiral of a smallish 30-odd member fleet (with fewer than that who are active), I for one try to make a point to include everyone who is interested in doing so, in this process. If anyone has an issue with not being able to contribute, I would hope that they would bring it to my attention so that the fleet as a whole can make sure they are getting the credits they desire.

In short, nobody in our fleet has any rivalries, nobody is trying to one-up anyone else, and if anyone persisted in doing so, they wouldnt belong to our fleet for long.

I guess my point is that to everyone in this thread who is having these kinds of issues - the way this system is set up is not creating these issues within your fleets, its just exposing them. Sounds to me like a good reason to leave and find a friendlier and perhaps smaller fleet who is more interesting in helping rather than hindering your progress.
Career Officer
# 49
07-18-2012, 10:38 PM
How about you add a system where the leaders of the Fleets can place their own caps if they desire them. I'm in a small Fleet.. capping contributions will only cripple us...
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Commander
# 50
07-19-2012, 12:16 AM
I assign projects but update my fleet on the forums with what projects will be following the ones in progress.

There doesn't need to be a change just choose your fleet wisely.