Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
There is an ingame bug/exploit that allows you to track cloaked ships in PVP AND in Ker'rat. I confirmed this via testing with a friend today.

This bug/exploit allows you to not only see them on your HUD but you can see how far away they are, what buffs they are using, and who they are looking at and warn or prepare to attack. You can also decloak the person to attack them.

This is IMO as serious a bug as the unkillable shield bug.

Please cryptic fix this ASAP. PVP has already been decimated due to the other bugs in this game. This is truly a game changer.
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tutbbsexcalbbs View Post
There is an ingame bug/exploit that allows you to track cloaked ships in PVP AND in Ker'rat. I confirmed this via testing with a friend today.

This bug/exploit allows you to not only see them on your HUD but you can see how far away they are, what buffs they are using, and who they are looking at and warn or prepare to attack. You can also decloak the person to attack them.

This is IMO as serious a bug as the unkillable shield bug.

Please cryptic fix this ASAP. PVP has already been decimated due to the other bugs in this game. This is truly a game changer.
It's good that you did not say how to here, but did you send them a ticket explaining how you and your buddy produced the effect? Otherwise this is a touch pointless.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Ensign
# 3
07-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Have sent one for each in Hopes they take care of this ASAP. I explained in detail how to do this in the UI bug report submitted.
Empire Veteran
# 4
07-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Good job. Thank you.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Commander
# 5
07-17-2012, 01:47 AM
This is only a real concern for bops. The FED HUD whenyour a Klingon is a serious bug since its affecting all KDF pvpers.
Ensign
# 6
07-17-2012, 05:03 PM
I have now tried and it also works for the Klingon players as well. They also can track Fed players that are cloaked.

Another sad day in PVP.

Rihannsu
# 7
07-17-2012, 08:50 PM
um... so how does this trick work?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Ensign
# 8
07-19-2012, 07:07 AM
LOL not going to tell how to re-produce it. That would be horrible. However it basically allows you to track your enemy while they are cloaked. You can follow them see who they are targeting, and what buffs they are using not to mention there life, damage etc even from up to 30K away while they are cloaked.

Lets say you go the other way and go 90K from them. When you come back within 30K of them you auto lock onto that same person even if they are cloaked! So it is a major bug.

I hope this is fixed in this patch.

Again a sad day for pvp