Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Tholians in the Foundry
07-16-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm going to preface this with the request: Cryptic can we please have Tholians in the Foundry! Ships and Ground mobs! I think I'm right in saying that pretty much all the authors would be stoked to have them in.

Now that we're done with that, here's the real discussion topic: If we get them, how will we use them?

Personally I was thinking of making them a sort of chaotic ally in a mission. Something where you would have to temporarily work with the Tholians for the greater good. Maybe against the Borg or 8472. Would be interesting to get the Tholian take on the 8472 infiltrations.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-16-2012, 08:34 PM
yes please, a timeline would be nifty on when we can expect to see things
Rihannsu
# 3
07-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Hehe... I'd love to see the Borg try to assimilate Tholians.

But yeah, it'd be nice to be able to write foundry missions with them.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lieutenant
# 4
07-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Tholians, Jaradans, Xindi, they all should and could be available if they would make the "ALIEN" selection less limited. Under alien in costume design, it is pretty obvious that they take human models and allow the values to exceed those of human in size.

I am not attacking an editor I haven't unwrapped yet. Most of you know, Cryptic also wrote the editor for Champions Online. I could actually make a better alien there than using the Foundry STO alien editor. But I would expect to see that here on STO where we are dealing with all the unknown life in the universe.

I work with 3D models and I do realize there are issues to overcome. The armatures would require a great deal of work along with new animation sequences. So what I am saying here is, yeah it would be so cool to have access not just to the entire model database, but to simply have the ability to add aliens and animals with multiple limbs and make choices. Maybe my aliens have no head.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
07-16-2012, 10:16 PM
I dont disagree, I was trying to make a Zackdorn the other day, its not so easy to do right...
Rihannsu
# 6
07-16-2012, 10:30 PM
I failed horribly at making Ktarians.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 7
07-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Of course, they'd have to make two different types (or at least two different skins) of Tholians: with their version of EVA suits (as shown in one of the dev blogs, for use in non-Demon-class environs) and without. Unsuited Tholians should be just as vulnerable to Class M environs as unsuited humanoids are to Demon planets.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
07-17-2012, 03:43 AM
around the level 30-36 area would be good

failing that I can put thee ship skins on the spoonheads
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-17-2012, 10:06 AM
I will say its probably safe to assume the Tholians will be VA level mobs themselves. I just have an idea brewing that will require ground and space mobs to be available, and it would be nice to know when this can be accomplished
Captain
# 10
07-17-2012, 10:34 AM
It's been confirmed that the Tholians will be going into the Foundry.

How would I use them? Not sure yet. I have several plans for missions, but none involve the Tholians yet.
Closed Thread