Empire Veteran
# 11
07-17-2012, 04:13 PM
If it hasn't to be sci-fi but modern day will do. Take a very close look at The Secret World.
Commander
# 12
07-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Not sad to see BP die, could have been good except for some greed/balance issues, no ship selection to speak of, etc.

As others have said, stay away from BSGO, pure pay to win. was in cb, ob, and live of that game...was great until the store ammo got buffed. wallet warriors buying red tips and nukes vs f2p ammo a newb could slaughter someone who's played for months.

shin megami tenshi (megaten) and hellgate london both have sci fi themes, no ships though.

Hellgate, older engine, dx9, randomized areas, decent class choices. $4 approx gets you access to higher content, 1 time payment (last i was on). most content (if not all) soloable. can play casually without getting the feeling you're behind.

megaten...choose your path style classes, gamebryo engine (ancient) rented storage expansions.

wouldn't recommend megaten, even though it is sci-fi in a way. Hellgate far more enjoyable.
Lieutenant
# 13
07-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadspacex64 View Post
Not sad to see BP die, could have been good except for some greed/balance issues, no ship selection to speak of, etc.

As others have said, stay away from BSGO, pure pay to win. was in cb, ob, and live of that game...was great until the store ammo got buffed. wallet warriors buying red tips and nukes vs f2p ammo a newb could slaughter someone who's played for months.

shin megami tenshi (megaten) and hellgate london both have sci fi themes, no ships though.

Hellgate, older engine, dx9, randomized areas, decent class choices. $4 approx gets you access to higher content, 1 time payment (last i was on). most content (if not all) soloable. can play casually without getting the feeling you're behind.

megaten...choose your path style classes, gamebryo engine (ancient) rented storage expansions.

wouldn't recommend megaten, even though it is sci-fi in a way. Hellgate far more enjoyable.
I loved that game, i may have to look into that. Thanks for sharing i don't know why/how but i had no idea it was rebooted!
Plato Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
Plato
Ensign
# 14
07-17-2012, 05:40 PM
I'm lucky to get time to spend on STO. Kudos to y'all who can fit in more than one MMO.
The user formerly known as Seneschall
Unrepentant Gaming : Risa Country Club : @Seneschall
Career Officer
# 15
07-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostusthorn View Post
BP is a walking corpse, it just hasn't notice yet that its dead. The developer company went kaput, the publisher does nothing except keeping the servers running for now. And the offspring Black Prophecy Tactics is most likely dead on arrival. Horrible outdated gfx, competently unbalances gameplay, ****ty game engine etc.
I was just realizing that today after deciding to give it another try. I can't even get in the game with my old account, and by the look of the forums, there is no hope for a solution.

Shame, really. When I played before I thought it had alot of potential. There were just so many balance issues and annoying bugs that apparently, never got squashed.
Captain
# 16
07-17-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captrayvenwing View Post
I played Anarchy Online a long time ago. it was fun back then but im not sure how it has changed. i heard its free to play now
The original AO is free to play (and that was pretty large). But if you want to play the expansion content you need a subscription. I still have yet to login to see how the game is doing at the moment...
Lieutenant
# 17
07-17-2012, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnehart View Post
The original AO is free to play (and that was pretty large). But if you want to play the expansion content you need a subscription. I still have yet to login to see how the game is doing at the moment...
They still haven't upgraded the graphics engine, so there is a distinct feel of the late 1990s in the whole Everything. If you can get past the graphics issue, Rubi-Ka is still one of the better worlds out there.
Career Officer
# 18
07-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Still playing AO. The graphics isnt the best, but the game is one of the best out there
Captain
# 19
07-17-2012, 10:42 PM
If you have a time machine, then Tabula Rasa was fun when it lasted. Was fun how you could get 2 characters at level 30 in different classes through cloning. Only had to level 4 character to 30 instead of 8 if you wanted to get every class. Also, one shotting giant robots similar to the Striders from Half-Life 2 with a sniper rifle was cool. Too bad that was nerfed.

Looking forward to Wildstar.