Banned
I'm going to keep this short and sweet:

1) create a "fleet vault" that anyone can donate select types of resources to anytime.

2) anyone who donates to the vault gets their share of fleet credits immediately.

3) fleet leaders can use the donations to fuel projects as needed.

Problem solved?
Commander
# 2
07-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Sounds good to me.

But since the Devs have been ignoring this very same suggestion since S6 went up on Tribble, I don't see them paying attention to it now.
Commander
# 3
07-16-2012, 11:28 PM
What would stop folks from dumping the moutains of trace samples for fleet credits? I have over six million bridge officer points that I'd be more then happy do dump at once.

Before season 6 launched I could pick up a pack of 250 traces for less then 1000EC.

There has to be some type of gate to prevent someone from cashing out too much at once.
Lieutenant
# 4
07-17-2012, 12:05 AM
This is intentional. Fleets have to work together to resolve these issues not have the developers step in and govern balance and fairness. (come talk to PVPers about that!)
Lieutenant
# 5
07-17-2012, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psonix View Post
This is intentional. Fleets have to work together to resolve these issues not have the developers step in and govern balance and fairness. (come talk to PVPers about that!)
This, plus there are already the special assignments that requre a lot of resourses, take little time to finish and don't help the development of the starbase in almost any way. Their whole purpose to exist is to help players contribute and get credits.
Captain
# 6
07-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psonix View Post
This is intentional. Fleets have to work together to resolve these issues not have the developers step in and govern balance and fairness.
There is no "working together" when you don't even have the chance to contribute (at first) .
In theory things should balance out down the road , but in the beginning it's kinda horrible , and I am concerned that there will be ppl who , when cannot immidiatly contribute will go "f-this" and give up .

BTW , I support the OP's suggestion !
Captain
# 7
07-17-2012, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
There is no "working together" when you don't even have the chance to contribute (at first) .
In theory things should balance out down the road , but in the beginning it's kinda horrible , and I am concerned that there will be ppl who , when cannot immidiatly contribute will go "f-this" and give up .

BTW , I support the OP's suggestion !
See thing is, that's where the working together comes - the fleet need to establish ground rules on who and when people donate. It's not easy, believe me I know, our fleet had some players hit 150,000 Fleet Credits on day one, but we've got it pegged now and think it's sorted. It just involves communicatioin.

I think having a fleet dumping pool has major issues in the sense that it will create a potential overflow of fleet credits that aren't meant to be there straight away.

Stay calm, use the special projects, and talk to your fleet...or join mine ;-)
Lieutenant
# 8
07-17-2012, 03:36 AM
With this solution, what would prevent people to group, form a fleet, dump tons and tons of stuff in the new fleet's vault and then get their fleet credits immediately without building anything useful with them and leave to another fleet (or their previous one) to spend them?

"The other's fleet leader" you would say, well... probably the leaders don't want to act like the police to keep track of every single member. I don't know. Maybe if the fleet credits are earned by every member the moment those resources are used from the fleet's vault instead of immediately, maybe?
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91857922000&dateline=  1342169682
Join date 20 Sept 2008
Career Officer
# 9
07-17-2012, 04:38 AM
It was my understanding that you would lose your Fleet Credits if you left your Fleet. You would still maintain your Life Time Fleet Credit score if you left your Fleet however. If I am wrong in this, that should also be addressed.

I honestly do not like the Star Base system at all. It would have been better to have just been a Fleet Leveling system that also required EC and Dilithium upkeep. Instead, we were given a system that favors the few or solo fleets and helps to drive up the exchange.

I am not even going to get into how much of a rip off Fleet Ships currently are..
You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online!
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-17-2012, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkeith2011 View Post
Sounds good to me.

But since the Devs have been ignoring this very same suggestion since S6 went up on Tribble, I don't see them paying attention to it now.
Ditto.

Concerns about fleet donations being equitable was the bit of feedback most loudly being shouted during the Tribble test. They ignored it, they didn't even say "Actually we think its Ok, here the reasons. . . "

I honestly don't see the point of the Tribble test weekend, the point of Beta testing is to find out where a larger audience thinks the problems are. Well we did, and nothing was implemented but a few major bug fixes that should have been spotted in Alpha*.

So why Beta it?
No to mention it was only betaed for a week or two. . . no where near long enough to be useful. I think they were just box ticking.

*I mean engineers equipment self-destructing on Nukura. . . SERIOUSLY you missed that in Alpha!?!? Bloody hell.