Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
so i played Nukara on Tribble and reported this with all the bug report mumbo jumbo i could think of.
now i'm playing it on Holodeck, same error.

at least on the surface the Framerate keeps dropping slowly until it becomes a slideshow.

i beam down, shoot some tholians for 15 - 30 minutes
i notice the framerate is getting constantly lower, no biggie i turn down my max details to min details, but almost no change in FPS... hrrrm...

maybe there are just too many players in the zone for my system to handle?
i change instances to a 5 player instance -> boom 60 FPS again, ok i keep playing
another 30 minutes later i'm below 30 FPS again.

the instance still seems rather empty.
i beam up, and down again to the same instance -> 60 FPS.

what the hell is going on with that map?

i also monitor my CPU + GPU load with the Logitech G15 LCD display + AIDA64 (formerly known as Everest).

FPS <30 = GPU Load @ 40%
FPS =60 = GPU Load @ 99%

CPU Load is in both cases around 20 - 30%
looks to me like it is only running on one core and then limiting the GPU, but that doesn't explain why it does 60FPS without problems and then slowly drops lower and lower.

i'd say there is a MEMORY LEAK somewhere.

is anyone else experiencing this?

and of course because people will think it's my system

Core i5 2500K QuadCore @ 4,6GHz
GTX 460 (1GB vram version)
8GB Ram
STO on SSD

another thing about Nukara is the amount of Lootbags that drop and people don't pick up.
it looks ridiculous, and my F finger hurts from picking up all that loot all the time
could we please have a proper auto loot function that picks up the loot instead of dropping it to the ground? (at least if the player is in range?)
Commander
# 2
07-16-2012, 03:14 AM
Biggest problem with Nukara atm: Loot not looted
It slows down the whole instance.
Even on super end machines.

Since the engine is limited on "showable" objects, your FPS start to drop constantly.
There is no real workaround except changing instances (and praying to the holy lockbox god), which you sometimes must do anyway to complete missions (Respawnbugs etc.).

Last edited by thoroon; 07-16-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Career Officer
# 3
07-16-2012, 04:09 AM
i don't think the loot boxes are the problem

i beamed up and down to the same instance which was full with lootboxes at the time and it showed the same behavior as it did without any lootboxes or players in sight.

60 fps... then slowly slowing down over time

even the workaround isn't realy that good, because if you beam up you get dropped from your team
Career Officer
# 4
07-16-2012, 04:26 AM
I have not experienced this slow down issue.

With or without unclaimed loot drops. Running at max settings here too and never have any issues with frame rate.
Thowchum
Legendary Starfleet Captain
Fleet Leader, The Abductors
STO Forum Member since December 2010
Welcome to Star Trek Online, where our motto is 'Peace through Superior Firepower.'
Empire Veteran
# 5
07-16-2012, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerobang View Post
what the hell is going on with that map?

i'd say there is a MEMORY LEAK somewhere.
It's not, it's a database issue, since the lag comes with the increasing number of loots on the map.

/thread.
Captain
# 6
07-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Loot drops aren't a problem ? I call it loot-spam, there's so many loot drops I can't maintain inventory space for important stuff, and when I try to drop loot I get mauled my spawning spiders.

I'd love to see the need/greed/pass box used here (for each ITEM), and when pass is used the loot should immediately vanish. LOL @ ferengi lockboxes dropped by spiders- REALLY, who thought that one up ?
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf

Last edited by lordmalak1; 07-16-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Captain
# 7
07-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Loot drops aren't a problem ? I call it loot-spam, there's so many loot drops I can't maintain inventory space for important stuff, and when I try to drop loot I get mauled my spawning spiders.

I'd love to see the need/greed/pass box used here (for each ITEM), and when pass is used the loot should immediately vanish. LOL @ ferengi lockboxes dropped by spiders- REALLY, who thought that one up ?
I know I've left litter. I'd suggest they tone down the spawn rate a bit.

It's hard to pick things up when you're running around trying to not die when there's 6-8 Tholians after you. And more spawning in...

Last edited by beezle23; 07-16-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-16-2012, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I've had this framerate slowdown problem happen to me, too.

And the spawn rates are ridiculous, but that's really the problem with making this kind of crap a global free-for-all rather than queueable content. They have to be high, because otherwise, you'll have groups camping at spawn spots and any need to group will be out the window. (Then again, the 2-3 camp bravo content is already soloable, so...yeah)

Anyway yeah, fix the framerate/memory leak issue. It's annoying.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
07-16-2012, 12:45 PM
pop into the caves and come out, see what happens
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
07-16-2012, 01:10 PM
sorry to rage here, and i wasnt gonna post about it but its really starting to **** me off

Season 6 has introduced some sort of video memory leak

Not only is it nukara but open a 400 doff roster go from 60 to 15fps
Open Mail go from 60 to 30fps
Play on nukara and watch your fps drop drastically
For me anti aliasing is also now broken with season 6, use to be able to run AA 8x all the time now with AA 8x on as soon as i hover over a tholian in shooter mode the fps goes from 60 to 15

Whoever is in charge of graphical optimisaiton sort your **** out because season 6 is an unoptimised mess

edit : this is on a 4.8ghz i7 2600k and tri sli 470 (older card i know but still works great)