Captain
# 11
07-18-2012, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwhorton View Post
Guess now is a good time for a intro....My name is Blaine Whorton i live in Louisiana...i am i guess you could say a casual Star Trek fan i have all the movies and my favorite shows are Voyager and The next Generation...

In the game ive made captain and my characters name is Kathryne Janeway yes i know the game has the famous Janeway in it but still im playing in honor of the famous captian herself. Anyway my ship is the USS Baton Rouge...a galaxy class cruiser....all the bridge officers started as unknowns and have worked their way up as i have they are all officers too..

Anyway thats about it for my intro so see ya'll around the galaxy...
Welcome to Star Trek Online and it's awesome to see more Janeway fans around (Guess who's my favourite Captain?)

Enjoy that Galaxy while she lasts! You'll have to upgrade to those 'strange looking' 25th Century hulls for Admiral level. The Tier 5 Galaxy is sadly not a very good investment considering the price ($20) and that superior ships are available for similar or slightly higher price.

The (free) Star Cruiser takes on the Galaxy's role (in terms of bridge officer skill placement) from level 40 onwards. It looks strange at first glance but certain hull configurations can be interestingly awesome
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel

Last edited by carmenara; 07-18-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Ensign
# 12 new member
07-19-2012, 04:08 AM
Doubt ill be buying anything....as you are assigned a new ship with each rank as you know i will just select what i want and modify it somewhat my ship looks pretty good atm. Ill upload apic ofm it soon...
Ensign
# 13 Almost an admiral
07-26-2012, 07:39 AM
Just an update on my progress....have battled up the captain ranks...only need 5000 point for admiral (yipee) im at skill level 39 and am looking forward to a big luxury liner to roam around the galaxy in.....
Captain
# 14
07-26-2012, 07:42 AM
Brave soul posting that much of your personal information. However, hi.

Geaux Tigers!

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Ensign
# 15
07-26-2012, 08:01 AM
Well what are people gonna do? Its just a game the worst that can happen is someone destroys my ship....and believe me ive been destroyed many times and respawned hundreds of times....someones not gonna like me simply because.....whatever?!!!!!
Captain
# 16
07-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Well what are people gonna do? Its just a game the worst that can happen is someone destroys my ship....and believe me ive been destroyed many times and respawned hundreds of times....someones not gonna like me simply because.....whatever?!!!!!

Aurora, CO is a perfect example of the type of whack jobs are out there. So not a good idea just freely posting a lot of personal information on public boards on the internet. You never know who might be reading them.

Just giving advice on trying to keep a fellow player safe. Sorry if it got you riled up.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
Ensign
# 17
07-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Please there might be people playing this game that were affected in that horrible incident...need to be careful what you say ..just sayin...
Ensign
# 18
07-26-2012, 09:04 AM
My apologies to fellow players for getting off topic but i had to say something....

Last edited by bwhorton; 07-26-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Captain
# 19
07-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Please there might be people playing this game that were affected in that horrible incident...need to be careful what you say ..just sayin...
That's exactly the point. We don't want that kind of incident to happen with a player in this game becoming a victim of such an act. But since trying to give you advice on how NOT to be a victim is being frowned upon. I'm forever out of this thread and won't offer any such advice.

And posting someone's personal information is technically against TOS so actually quoting your original post with your name and where you live can be a bannable offense. People have been banned for less around here in the past.

Again, though, feel free to post your information and I hope you don't become another victim of a whack job (what I call the guy who did the violent act not belittling the act itself).

Ensign
# 20
07-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Well thank you as it seems the only person upset over this seems to be you....and me posting my own info can get me banned?If true that's obsurd any moderaters care to chime in as i want to know the truth....all ive posted is the name of my ship and who im playing as.....

Last edited by bwhorton; 07-26-2012 at 09:28 AM.