Republic Veteran
# 1 Starbase Incursion 101
07-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Stage 1) Kill Saboteurs

Photobucket - Stage 1

- It's easier for everyone involved if the team splits in to five areas.

* NW quadrant
* NE quadrant
* SW quadrant
* SE quadrant
* Center

- The Saboteurs have fixed spawn points on the map, but spawn in random sequence.

Total Saboteur Team Kills Rating
<15 You are doing it wrong
~20 You are doing ok
30< You are doing well

Stage 2) Kill 4 specific Saboteurs

Photobucket, Stage 2

Stage 2 needs to be completed fast in order to make it to the Captain on time during Stage 3. It's best to duo or solo the four Saboteurs to give the team enough time for the third stage.

Stage 3) Kill Captain + Guards + Boss

Photobucket, Stage 3

The Captain is inside the force field in the center of the room, the Captain starts his Progress Bar for beaming out after the team triggers the proximity radius OR if the Mission Timer passes a specific threshold.
The faster you clear stage 2 the more time you have for the Captain.

The two guard clusters spawns infront and behind the center.

The boss and Captain are inside the force field, but are easily dealt with.

Last edited by aexrael; 07-25-2012 at 02:25 PM.
Captain
# 2
07-17-2012, 12:59 PM
I thought the wall in part 3 was timed. See? Even I learn stuff about this game every day.

Thanks
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Republic Veteran
# 3
07-17-2012, 01:48 PM
I could be wrong, but I'm 90% certain the progress doesn't start until you approach center, kinda like the proximity trigger on Infected Ground Elite. The overall timer is the time left before whole mission completes or fails.
Captain
# 4
07-19-2012, 06:08 PM
One common mistake i see is people running round in groups in phjase 1.

That said i think phase 2 is really overtuned. there are a couple of groups that are quiet capable of 1 shotting somone when first aggro'd due to the focus fire effect. If it didn't have the respawn penalty it wouldn;t be so bad. Still nice to see a mode where Quantum Mortars are REALLY good though. But would rather phae 2 had a few less NPC's, but tougher ones.

I also think the gorn are overtuned in phase 3. here's a couple of super tough gorn in there, they're vastly tougher than their orion and klink counterparts and it makes burning through them painfully difficult inside the limit. Not that klinks and orions are auto win, but it's a vast difficulty hike. Same on soem of the sabotour choices TBH.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-19-2012, 10:50 PM
my fleetmates are pretty organized when it comes to incursion. here's a screenshot of our recent win.

phase 1 saboteurs - 33
phase 2 saboteurs - 4
captain - yes

was wondering how other groups are doing. screenshot or it didn't happen!

Screenshot: Starbase Incursion 07-19
Commander
# 6
07-20-2012, 09:12 AM
It's not exactly the most team orientated tactic, so I don't think everyone will be a fan of this:

The darkness down here seems to have debuffed the NPC's perception. So much so, that with a Stealth Module activated you have to practically hug the enemy for them to see you.

This means that you can actually sneak past the mobs on phase 2, and ambush the saboteur. And if you buff properly, you will 2-3 shot him with a Pulsewave before his mates can kill you (if you don't get away that is). At least using a Vice Admiral you will anyway. A lower level character might not have the buff quality from the lower level kit. Even if I make a mess of it and die after killing him each time, I can pretty much always take care of at least 3 sabotuers myself.

Of course the disadvantage is that if you're doing that, you're not helping your team deal with the mobs. And since you don't kill the mobs, you can't tell where you've been and respawn randomly. So you might have trouble finding the last one. Because of that, I probably wouldn't use it in a properly organised team-run, but I haven't done a properly organised team-run of this yet.

It's not worth using the Stealth Mod in Phase 1 because it slows you down.

Last edited by skhc; 07-20-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Captain
# 7
07-20-2012, 09:24 AM
Weather you kill them or not they respawn, even if the sabotour is killed. Another complaint of mine actually. With that level of protection they just shouldn't ever respawn.
Ensign
# 8
07-22-2012, 12:28 PM
Has anyone notice that lock box in the bottom left of the map on top of the crates? If so any idea how to get to it?
Captain
# 9
07-22-2012, 01:50 PM
boggs0311, I think we have a map designer who likes using the south west corner of their maps to dump objects as a holding area. There's a couple of space maps that have floating objects in that corner. Took a picture of one but I don;t have it handy.

Nailed the captain for the first time earlier today. Rather shocked that I did it. Just to mention, the captain is the NPC right behind the "lower the field" interaction object. The one with the progress bar over them.

Got five marks for doing it.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

Captain
# 10
07-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Just got a 9 3 and no run.

For the first portion, the others traveled in a group and I gather got maybe 2 since I got the other 7.

Why are folks so deadset against using stealth in the second portion? As soon as I turned mine on, I started getting comments. They went short left and couldn't get it done while I did the other three with one death.

On the third portion, what triggers the force field to drop? There's another thread where the field drops just as soon at the captain is about 80-90% done so it makes it very hard to kill the captain. I;m wondering if I'm missing a trigger or something.

The group I played with pulled up short and dealt with all of the guards in front while I ran around the center taking care of those folks. The captain was already gone by the time the field dropped.

I had a 41 4 yes earlier today. Loved it.

edit: Oh and I see the lock box now as well. Not a clue as to how to get up there.
---
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner