Empire Veteran
# 21
07-24-2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
there is no such thing as an I in team

and stealth tacs leave THREE dead team mates for the start of phase 3 and then FAIL the mission (worst offenders are VA ranked tacs)
Actually if anyone does die, waiting for the respawn before leaving and triggering the timer on the third part means no failure. And for those of us that see STO as a game and not a simulation, letting others be fodder/bait means the stealth tacs can get the job done.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Captain
# 22
07-24-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
Actually if anyone does die, waiting for the respawn before leaving and triggering the timer on the third part means no failure. And for those of us that see STO as a game and not a simulation, letting others be fodder/bait means the stealth tacs can get the job done.
Don't need stealth at all if you're going to do that; the mobs are pretty single minded. As an engineer, I usually just run right past them; either by laying down some turrets to distract them, or just by letting someone else go in first.

What's particularly satisfying is laying down a nice big bomb, right where they can see it; preferably in the middle of a mine field. They all rush over, wanting to attack it at point blank range; with predictable results.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Ensign
# 23
07-24-2012, 07:13 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the second stage seems to finish around 20seconds early?

I dont mind stealth or the security teams or the orb, or combat pets, these are made to be used in the game and if they actually help, then good, if not, well....... at least they will have caused some damage, hopefully.
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
07-24-2012, 07:56 AM
all of the npcs run off if a sab surrenders (which about half do)
they will NOT tag for transport and do not finish them off
Rihannsu
# 25
07-24-2012, 07:58 AM
yeah, for phase one, keep moving and looking in dark corners. There are very few Sab spawn points where you can easily see them. Oh and if you HEAR a klingon transporter, look to see where it was. I MIGHT have gotten KOed once in phase 1...

Phase2: the only way I've seen for taking out the guards is to have people do it in a group. Even then it's common to have a group wiped out....

Phase3: This frusterates me to no end..... the captain usually BEAMS OUT before the guards get dealt with at all.... Some games I noticed the captain started with a progress bar at at least 75% and the bar ran out in around 15 seconds. I've NEVER been in a group that got the captain. I've never even been in a group where we dropped the shield before the captain beamed out....

I kinda wonder if the length of the progress bar in phase3 has something to do with how many sab you got earlier.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 26
07-24-2012, 10:57 AM
Basic of basic tips - turn up brightness to 190, it works far better then the torches.

Part one -

Team should split up to take all four corners and the centre (yes, you get saboteurs there as well)

Part two -

Bottom left - I know of no quick method of dealing with this one, your team will just have to clear out the mob and take out the saboteur the slow way.

Bottom right - Almost directly right from the spawn point, there are some boxes you can jump on. After jumping for some distance you will be able to snipe at the saboteur. Note it's very likely you'll get attacked, so spawn something to distract their attention (tactical team, medical generator which seems to have a high threat level, support drones, pets, shard of possibilities, whatever). This can be done by one person.

Top right - Similar to the bottom right but with less jumping. You most likely won't get attacked at this snipe point. This can be done by one person.

Top left - If you run into this section from it's right opening, there's a gap in the boxes which you should walk through and turn right. Keep on going until you reach a computer terminal. Jump onto it and use it to jump on the side of the wall. Follow the wall around and you'll eventually reach the saboteur. Use the shard of possibilities to distract the NPC mob there and snipe at the saboteur. This can be done by one person.

Part three -

Nothing really thought provoking here. Hit all your buffs, spawn all your pets and hope your team has the DPS. I do advise though that you have someone ready to use the decloaked console.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
stealthed tacs are the worst problem however (except the people who bring in the Boffs who are nothing but CHEATS )
So when Im on either of my tactical officers, and I kill all four saboteurs in the second phase by myself or, and more typically, the four useless people I was teamed with manage to kill one together while I take out the other three, whats really going on is, Im being evil and detrimental and Im hampering the group?

Oh.

I see.
Rihannsu
# 28
07-24-2012, 04:10 PM
Well, sometimes there is an issue where Orions bum rush peeps who are clearing out the other groups. I remember one where me and another guy got the bottom left one cleared out and were about to shoot the saboteur when another group of Orions jumped us from behind...

Oh yeah, I've seen a few times where the Orions "guarding" the field generator wander off and you have to hunt them down. Needless to say that means you have no chance at the captain.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 07-24-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Lieutenant
# 29
07-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Quote:
stealthed tacs are the worst problem however (except the people who bring in the Boffs who are nothing but CHEATS )
Lol, i hope i will pug with you sometime. You will scream your head down . I usually use stealth with my tac and go clockwise. With two tacs teaming up together it is no bis deal to take out all of the sabs. And I never heard somebody complaining that I did the job, especially after seeing groups fighting enemies without even getting close to the sab.

And the Boff-thing: How often did you played that mission? Can you tell me how NOT to bring Boffs with you sometimes? I don't do anything and sometimes two of my guys are standing there. I don't like that, because the AI is not designed for that mission. They get killed and never attack an enemy. The biggest problem is that usually my Jem is coming to that mission, using his ketracel. So I beg you: TELL ME HOW TO STOP IT!!!!!

"What are his rights in this century? Will there be a trial or shall I execute him?" - Worf
Republic Veteran
# 30
07-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewendell View Post
On the third portion, what triggers the force field to drop? There's another thread where the field drops just as soon at the captain is about 80-90% done so it makes it very hard to kill the captain. I;m wondering if I'm missing a trigger or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzodoom View Post
Has anyone else noticed that the second stage seems to finish around 20seconds early?
After running the mission some more, I'm pretty certain the timer and the captain are tied together.

The Captain starts his Progress Bar at a set Timer interval, so the faster you finish stage 2 the more time you have to clear the two guard spawns allowing you to drop the force field and subsequently kill the captain.