Career Officer
I was all excited about the fleet getting together and building a starbase. That was until I see how it's executed...

1.) You have to race your fellow Fleeties to contribute materials to projects. And it's an unfair race.

2.) The fleet ships require you to spend $20 after loads of mats spent on projects and grinding thousands of Fleet Marks. Come on, Cryptic. It's GRIND or PAY, not both.

3.) Fleet ships are just rehashes of OLD models with a barely noticeable new skin; & did I mention you have to spend $20 for them?

So for much grinding, maybe getting lucky to hit the project time just right to contribute something 'easy', & paying $20; I get the honor of running a re-skinned old ship model that has an extra console slot over other T5 ships. Did I miss anything?
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Yup. It feels like some sort of Group DOFF system.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 3
07-16-2012, 10:03 PM
It's gone for me. After taking a good look at the fleet base system, my fleet and I decided not to use it. We haven't started any of the projects at all and have no plans to. It's just a massive long term grind. I'm back to logging on, check my DOffs, maybe run a STF or two, log back out. Will have to see about Season 7 now I guess.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
07-16-2012, 10:09 PM
for the record, I only have to spend 5 dollars for my fleet ship when we get to Tier 3 Shipyard. I already bought a Defiant Retrofit.

i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
07-16-2012, 10:25 PM
I stopped being excited the moment I saw how much fleet ships were going to cost even after all the grinding. I didn't even bother to join a fleet.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Captain
# 6
07-16-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lan451 View Post
It's gone for me. After taking a good look at the fleet base system, my fleet and I decided not to use it. We haven't started any of the projects at all and have no plans to. It's just a massive long term grind.
Oh, it's more than just a grind.

It's also a horrid resource sink! Yay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
I stopped being excited the moment I saw how much fleet ships were going to cost even after all the grinding. I didn't even bother to join a fleet.
Charging RL money *on top of* the time and resource dump is a bit (putting it nicely) greedy.

Last edited by beezle23; 07-16-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
07-16-2012, 11:56 PM
the huge numbers of duty officers required is a bit of a pain (As you can't GET white officers other than by buying hundreds of reinforcement packs)
the accad missions DO NOT START
Lieutenant
# 8
07-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Must admit im a bit miffed at this I thought it was going tobe If you unlocked the ship already all it would cost was fleet points. Theres only one ship i wanted anyway was a upgrade to the one i have already. anyway the GREED is going to kill my wanting to play. Gold is nice but maybe ill spend that money on Zen instead better returns!
Commander
# 9
07-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Grinding in an MMO? Unthinkable.

Seriously. While I dont agree with alot of it. What else is there to do in end game?
And who's to say they wont release NEW ships but in order to buy one you gotta have fleet credits AND ship modules in the future?

The amount of griping on these forums is getting out of hand. Hell they just ripped me off for $10 charging me a sub I didnt ask for(And only had active for 2 days), yet I still find all this griping a little crazy. If your not happy move on.

And posts about you didnt even bother to join a fleet? whats the point in an MMO if your not in a guild of some kind?

Other then Dilithium, you get more credits turning if fleet marks anyways over all the other "Easy" stuff.

Only gripe I have is outta the 8 ships I bought from the C store only one of them has a FLeet version. But having something for the fleet to build up and dump resources into is great.
I came from an MMO where you handed out resources to build up your Guild to get people to help. Here its hard to even get the chance to use them up as most easy turn ins are spammed as soon as they appear. Prob simply because they added a Leaderboard to it giving people credit for doing it, since mostly all you need is 20k for ships. Which again I see as a HUGE Possitive. Making people want to do it.

I see it as a heel of a start that will prob just get better as time goes on. If anyones actually thinking there will be a Free to play game thats fun that will NEVER have anything worth buying with real money, then its time to look for a new hobby.
Career Officer
# 10
07-17-2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by synthiasuicide View Post
Seriously. While I dont agree with alot of it. What else is there to do in end game?
And who's to say they wont release NEW ships but in order to buy one you gotta have fleet credits AND ship modules in the future?
But? BUT? That's exactly how it is at the moment.

I gave my starbase windows. Then I realized that the only thing I got from the "special fleet project" were 200,000 fleet credits that are way too easy to get. No XP for the starbase, nothing. I spend 200,000 dilithium for something I can do with the press of a button on my Constitution bridge. Opening the windows. Oh by the way, with another press of the button I can close them again there.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.