Career Officer
# 1 Vanishing effects
07-14-2012, 07:03 PM
ok so first off let me just say: I know that the effects in game are programmed to disappear if their are too many of them! Im not reporting a bug.

Ok now on to my question.

So I've noticed recently that when your in a huge space battle (Starbase defense) that when their is a lot going on that the game will just remove effects in an attempt to prevent lag. So in these huge 20+ player battles eventually it will get to the point where ships are blowing up and you cant tell who's shooting who. Now incase you were confused, by effects I mean things like, phaser beams, torpedoes, sci abilities, etc....

What im wondering is if their is just a set number of effects that are allowed on screen or does it depend on your system? Also is their a way to increase this limit or even remove it? This really bothers me because in huge battles like the new (and awesome) starbase defense, during the last wave I cant make out whats happening, whats firing at me, whats firing on the starbase, if im healing people or not, its just very disorienting when all the effects suddenly disappear. Not to mention the fact that I was hoping to make a video showcasing how epic these battles can be, but it wouldnt be that spectacular if it just looks like a bunch of ships flying around and some of them randomly disappearing.
Career Officer
# 2
07-14-2012, 08:01 PM
I've had the same problem. With Starbase defense, my sound card is also overloaded. I end up with a surreal movie-like effect they use to represent concussive explosions.
Career Officer
# 3
07-17-2012, 03:37 PM
I also get the audio problem and wondering if thats happening because they work like the effects do.

So anyone have any ideas on what determines these features and if you can change them?