Ensign
So since I forgot my password for my first PWE Account I resetted it and could login to the website/forum with no problem at all, but when I want to login to any PWE games it says Invalid Username or Password, while I know 100% sure that I've typed it correctly, otherwise I couldn't type this Thread

Now I can't even play on my other account, cause of Too many attempts, please try again later.

Last edited by strifey79; 07-17-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Ensign
# 2
07-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Still can't login with this account in games :/
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
07-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Same problem, this is insane, and I had a lifetime account. How can we login? I'd hate to thing the hundreds of dollars I've spent between the lifetime and the in game store purchases are down the drain.
Ensign
# 4
07-18-2012, 11:55 AM
I can play with a 2nd account, but I need to throw over some stuff from one of my accounts (This one) to my new toon. But they NEED to responds to the forums aswell to help, cause that way the support ticket system won't be filled with so many tickets and they can respond quicker.
Ensign
# 5
07-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Yep.

Or at least let us login with our cryptic passwords and user names. When i try that, it just forces me to use my "perfect" world ones.

I miss playing Star Trek Online. If you end up doing this to very many customers, you're going to find no one's left playing. :/
Ensign
# 6
07-18-2012, 04:04 PM
I have no issues with that, cause I joined this game when it went to PWE, but it seems their Account Systems surely needs a massive upgrade instead of the one they're using currently Or hire better personel
Career Officer
# 7
07-18-2012, 04:07 PM
I don't know if this will be any help, but it might be worth a shot.

Is the password you are using over 14 characters long? The system only allows a password that is 14 characters or less, but will let you input a password that is longer than 14 characters. When I first merged my Cryptic account and my PWE account, my Cryptic log in password was 16 characters long. As a result, I could no longer log into the game at all. I would get the "Invalid Password/ID" error too. After I shortened up my password to 13 characters, I could log in no problem. You could try doing that. Oh and I had to go to the PWE website to reset my password as the STO site needed me to log into my account to change it. On the PWE website it just sends you an email with a reset link.

I'm not sure if any of this has changed since I had this problem, but you might be having the same problem I had.

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Ensign
# 8
07-18-2012, 04:48 PM
My password's under 16 characters, so I don't think that's it.

But thanks anyhow

I think the problem is that the system has flagged my account as "locked" and it apparently stays like that FOREVER.

Can we a get an official response please...?
Ensign
# 9
07-18-2012, 04:55 PM
same problem switched over today and it no longer working cnt log in with my old cryptic or new PWE
Ensign
# 10
07-18-2012, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh2371 View Post
same problem switched over today and it no longer working cnt log in with my old cryptic or new PWE

Welcome to the club! I'm guessing this will just keep growing. Devs seem to be ignoring it. :/