Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 948
SERIOUSLY. I've had this problem for far to long. Because my main toon has 38 Ship slots that he has got before Free To Play I'm screwed out of 500 day Reward and Level 50 Season 5 Test reward. I've had enough. You're putting out all these new shiny ships and I as a collector want them. I have my ways of getting them as well even if it means emptying my pockets to you and I always HAPPILY Empty my pockets for Keys and SHIP SLOTS. Expand the sever capabilities for crying out loud. I know I'm not the only one who has the problems I've described above but when you continue to put out ships like this you should damn well expect people to collect them. Fark always say's you have "TOP MEN" well these top men should expand the limit from 28 to say... 47? I mean its a number we all know and love. it works with the amount of T5 ships that you continue to put out. Why not?

Sorry for the wall of text. For those with lack of attention.

People Collect. People Get Screwed when Limits are put in place.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,232
# 2
07-17-2012, 11:25 PM
I'm sorry, they can not hear you over the sound of lock box construction, and cash register "ka-shing". Maybe just give up and dump a couple of the c-store ships. You can always reclaim them latter for a joy ride now and then.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
Sign up here:
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,416
# 3
07-17-2012, 11:27 PM
Yeah, this is quite the dilemna for collectors.

Today, I went to the Federation shipyard and it occurred to me "all those little boxes are starships", and that's not counting the Lockbox ships and the KDF ships.

Maybe they should make a type of Collector's Edition Shipyard Pack of somekind.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,105
# 4
07-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
I'm sorry, they can not hear you over the sound of lock box construction, and cash register "ka-shing". Maybe just give up and dump a couple of the c-store ships. You can always reclaim them latter for a joy ride now and then.
This really wouldn't help him. His problem is he is at the maximum number of ship slots the game allows on any one character, so any vet reward that gives more slots can't be claimed.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91851990000&dateline=  1341951426
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,232
# 5
07-17-2012, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hravik View Post
This really wouldn't help him. His problem is he is at the maximum number of ship slots the game allows on any one character, so any vet reward that gives more slots can't be claimed.
Aaahhh I understand now. That's a really bummer for you bmoney.
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
Sign up here:
www.bushrangers.net
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 948
# 6
07-18-2012, 12:48 AM
It will be a few hours before a Developer see's this.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,045
# 7
07-18-2012, 02:19 AM
The answer will be:

Dismiss some of the C-Store ships you aren't actively using. You're not intended to have that many ships claimed at once.

The amount of data stored on characters is already such that they consider the current limit to be overboard. The way the game engine handles character data, it would not be technically or financially viable for them to sell or offer more ship slots. The "dismiss and reclaim" mechanic is the only answer you will get for this because the ship limit is already much higher than they want and there are probably some internally who have argued that it was a mistake to sell extra slots at all.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 315
# 8
07-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
The answer will be:

Dismiss some of the C-Store ships you aren't actively using. You're not intended to have that many ships claimed at once.

The amount of data stored on characters is already such that they consider the current limit to be overboard. The way the game engine handles character data, it would not be technically or financially viable for them to sell or offer more ship slots. The "dismiss and reclaim" mechanic is the only answer you will get for this because the ship limit is already much higher than they want and there are probably some internally who have argued that it was a mistake to sell extra slots at all.
The inherent problem with this argument will come when the number of non-Cstore collectibles exceeds 38.

Hopefully they won't wait until the last minute to address this.
Kobayashi Maru
Join Date: Sept 2008


"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 869
# 9
07-18-2012, 09:09 AM
It is time to do away with the whole notion of ship slots. It might have been a fine idea back before F2P, but with Cryptic jamming as many ships as they can into character only sales and lotteries, the notion of having to pay for a ship slot after paying in some cases hundreds of dollars for a ship for one character that cannot be reclaimed is ludicrous..
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 948
# 10
07-18-2012, 12:56 PM
I wonder if they even saw this.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:57 AM.