Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 914
# 51
07-18-2012, 03:57 PM
So, again, if I have a Star Curs I can give it a Sove skin with this ship? Not the mirrow skin, a canon Sove skin?
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,550
# 52
07-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerritourug View Post
So, again, if I have a Star Curs I can give it a Sove skin with this ship? Not the mirrow skin, a canon Sove skin?
Not quite.

If you have a Mirror Universe Assault Cruiser, you can use it's skin on the standard Star Cruiser. And the same for MU Star Cruiser and standard Assault Cruiser.

The standard skins cannot be used on the Mirror ships.

Both Mirror ships can use any of the purchased C-Store skins for the Assault and Star Cruisers, as well as the three standard choices, just in Mirror skin.


Does this help?
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 867
# 53
07-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticgeko View Post
Yeah, whats so trek about a Tholian Web anyway.

Perhaps he was referring to Federation players flying Tholian ships rather than the Tholian ships themselves.

Shouldn't federation players have to wear a hazard suit while on the ship? After all, the interior was not designed for environmental conditions suitable for humans.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 914
# 54
07-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Does this help?
Yes, thank you.

Btw, not intresting, I stay with muy good looking canon Sovy
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 530
So we Klingons have a new ship available from lockboxes that we didn't ask for. Please don't misunderstand, I like new stuff I wasn't expecting, and I like the ship look and layout (I think) but I have a concern...

In the Mirror Universe the Klingon/Bajoran/Cardassian alliance (referred to hereafter as the Klingons) did not exchange ships for cloaks with the Romulans. To reiterate, the Mirror Klingons have NO CLOAKING DEVICES. For the life of me I cannot remember the episode in DS9 where Quark and Rom have to steal the cloak from the Rotarran to give to Mirror Ezri to take to Regent Worf in exchange for Grand Nagus Zek but they did so because, and I feel I have to make this clear, the Klingons did not have the tech themselves and the Mirror Defiant did.

So, my concern is this... should the Mirror Vor'cha have a cloak and if so, why? By the same token, the Terran Empire in 2409 is a direct descendant from the resistance so the Terran ships could conceivably have cloaks (why, since they had the plans for one, which Smiley stole, would they not use it in all their ships?).

On a simpler note... LOVE the tholian ships, LOVE them!

EDIT: I realise after asking the question that the KDF could just fit their own cloak so I feel a bit thick but the question about the possibility of a basic Terran cloak still remains...

Last edited by drowrulesupreme; 07-18-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,047
# 56
07-18-2012, 04:03 PM
I know many of you are asking me via Twitter about the ISS prefix -- I just spoke to Starfleet Command and they let me know that when the Federation needed to make their "minimal modifications" to the mirror ships, they changed the prefix to USS so it could be re-registered. I'm being told that the KDF needed to do the same and updated the registry to IKS.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,550
# 57
07-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
Perhaps he was referring to Federation players flying Tholian ships rather than the Tholian ships themselves.

Shouldn't federation players have to wear a hazard suit while on the ship? After all, the interior was not designed for environmental conditions suitable for humans.
The blog also meants that great pains were made to adept the captured ship's interiors for our comfort.
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,550
# 58
07-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowrulesupreme View Post
So we Klingons have a new ship available from lockboxes that we didn't ask for. Please don't misunderstand, I like new stuff I wasn't expecting, and I like the ship look and layout (I think) but I have a concern...

In the Mirror Universe the Klingon/Bajoran/Cardassian alliance (referred to hereafter as the Klingons) did not exchange ships for cloaks with the Romulans. To reiterate, the Mirror Klingons have NO CLOAKING DEVICES. For the life of me I cannot remember the episode in DS9 where Quark and Rom have to steal the cloak from the Rotarran to give to Mirror Ezri to take to Regent Worf in exchange for Grand Nagus Zek but they did so because, and I feel I have to make this clear, the Klingons did not have the tech themselves and the Mirror Defiant did.

So, my concern is this... should the Mirror Vor'cha have a cloak and if so, why? By the same token, the Terran Empire in 2409 is a direct descendant from the resistance so the Terran ships could conceivably have cloaks (why, since they had the plans for one, which Smiley stole, would they not use it in all their ships?).

On a simpler note... LOVE the tholian ships, LOVE them!
That is true they don't have cloaking devices.

But I imagine on a captured ship, the KDF would make sure it is worthy of entering battle, which might include installing a cloaking device on it.

That is, if it will use one.
Was named Trek17, but still an author: www.enlightenmentoblivion.com.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,282
# 59
07-18-2012, 04:11 PM
I was hoping the Mirror ships would be a bit more... different. Special. Or strange. But I understand why they are the way that they are. It makes sense.

Am I reading it right that the two Tholian ships each have two Lieutenant Commander slots? Isn't that a bit unbalanced?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 82
# 60
07-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
I know many of you are asking me via Twitter about the ISS prefix -- I just spoke to Starfleet Command and they let me know that when the Federation needed to make their "minimal modifications" to the mirror ships, they changed the prefix to USS so it could be re-registered. I'm being told that the KDF needed to do the same and updated the registry to IKS.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
well that sux I like the ISS prefix.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:34 AM.