Career Officer
# 91
07-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarheard View Post
first of all i said i dont pvp now ...never said i didnt ...just gotten fed up with it as its such a broken system and enough said about that...not to mention it gotten real hard to find good KDF teams.

second i am no kid nor far from it money wise had no problem spending a mere 10$ and much more if i ever wanted...this is not to point..

point is as a programmer myself ( yea see the not kid info ) ...and even if i wasnt they set out to do one simple thing..prevent multiple leech from multiple opponents and instead of affecting the receiver aspect affected the user aspect..
more over they havnt even took the time to test it properly as what they claim in the patch notes is clearly not true..

even if it was the case for them they just made a 800C points or 1000Z completely useless..not half ..not quarter or 90% ..but useless ...

there are not many that do PVP ..just try que one up and see how much time it takes to do it ..yet for PVP players the entire ship got nerfed...same thing happened with siphon drones and with theta radiation ..only non of the latter was completely destroyed..this one right here did..

good for you that you gloat but a thing aimed at us right now would be aimed at u as well at some point ....

but while on the subject ..the very thing that broke pvp is maybe the ability to multiple stack same abilities on the same opponent which i was always very much against it..
so yea dont nerf siphonss ..just prevent it from multiple sources...same as for beta pattern energy siphon sensor scan subnuke etc etc.

by your approach every one of these things should not only be nerfed from multiple opponents but nerfed as a power from the get go ..
this is the time to mention how many times i found here all sort of people crying about the power of subnuke and Sensor scan....
Hey man, you don't need to let those things upset you. Really. Mostly on this forum people counter eachother but we are still friends at the end of the day, lol.

I haven't called you a kid, never thought you are and lastly I don't give a squat if you are or not. Common sense is related to education not to age.

Now, again, some of us have opinions that we discuss here. Some of us are wrong, and the hole point, for your own game experience is to realize and accept when you're wrong. Mav, even though is blunt, is one of the most experienced sto players in this forum, I wouldn't go on bashing him or others like him, at least till you don't have a solid proof.

You should not let your ego interfere with facts. I mostly play pug pvp and I can tell you that most pvp fvk games are won by klings. So it's easier to win a pug as a kling than a fed, mainly because fed players are so many more vs klinks. Klings are "the few and the proud", lol, that's why they are better as percentage than Feds (not having solid data, just using my observations)

The fact that pvp sucks for people like you is mainly because Criptic had done almost nothing (except low priority help that we get from bort and jesse) to improve pvp experience for players that are totally inexperienced to moderately experienced. Trust me, we all know how much it takes to wait for a pvp match. That's the sad truth about the pvp state in sto...

Keep in mind that I don't want to screw people up (pvper or pveer) with my crazy ideas (lol), but, as I said, some have ideas that we like to discuss, this is how we learn from eachother and enlarge our knowledge.

We are not crying for nerfs here, we try to find ways and ideas hoping that cryptic will listen to us (as a majority not minority) and make this game better and more fun. You wouldn't like getting trashed every time in pvp right? You learn to play, you became good, you meet focus fire from 4 people with leeches. Not nice to be blown apart by anybody, even the least experienced, just because of this jacked up leech.

Most of our talk is ment to be constructive. Just try to keep that in mind.
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...

Last edited by trueprom3theus; 07-30-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 92
07-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Please keep your language respectful and constructive, you cannot be disrespectful and constructive at the same time.

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Ensign
# 93
07-31-2012, 06:33 PM
I used the PL and it never did anything for my energy levels and my enemies didnt seem to mind it at all I dont have a clue what your talkin about.

I took it off because it didnt make a little bit of difference.

and you will die so fast from the jem hedar ship and the new fleet tacks it wont get past 1 stack
Career Officer
# 94
07-31-2012, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewi View Post
Please keep your language respectful and constructive, you cannot be disrespectful and constructive at the same time.
i learned that back when talking about the odyessy class on tribble. led to me being taught a valuable lession.

even if you have a valid point, people always only see the negative.
Empire Veteran
# 95
07-31-2012, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
i learned that back when talking about the odyessy class on tribble. led to me being taught a valuable lession.

even if you have a valid point, people always only see the negative.
that odyssey thread was a fight to save the ideology of fairness in game, to stand up against a never ending stream of new things being more OP then the last. we failed, thats exactly what we have now. the greed deafened them, and the gimmy gimmy from the care bears was too strong.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 96
08-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
that odyssey thread was a fight to save the ideology of fairness in game, to stand up against a never ending stream of new things being more OP then the last. we failed, thats exactly what we have now. the greed deafened them, and the gimmy gimmy from the care bears was too strong.
But that was only the beginning... I wonder when well get + 2 ships...
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Career Officer
# 97
08-01-2012, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueprom3theus View Post
I'm betting it won't be long.
They're already pushing the boundaries of +1

Perhaps whenever the level cap gets raised.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Captain
# 98
08-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueprom3theus View Post
When the sell through on Fleet Ships goes down of course.