Lieutenant
# 11
07-23-2012, 12:35 AM
You shouldve gotten some awesome kill shots. does this mean Im semi e famous now?

the next box dalner83. I only assume.

and yeah, leach sucks it was broke they fixed now its broke. I guess fixing comes next?
Koopa27 -X-treme

Last edited by murmurhem187; 07-23-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Captain
# 12
07-23-2012, 01:19 AM
Finally. when everyone will get it, it will be nerfed to be useless. At least that'S the usual nerf pattern isn't it ?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 13
07-23-2012, 10:28 AM
JHeinig was able to get some conclusive internal testing done on this last week that will help us track down and fix the infernal stacking issues we've been having with this power. A fix for being able to lock down any ship in the game with 3-4 copies of this console on a team will be coming soon.

On an individual basis, the power should not change - the benefit a single player receives from it should remain unaffected. We are only planning to address the multi-player stacking concerns.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Follow the STO_DevTracker on Twitter!
Empire Veteran
# 14
07-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
JHeinig was able to get some conclusive internal testing done on this last week that will help us track down and fix the infernal stacking issues we've been having with this power. A fix for being able to lock down any ship in the game with 3-4 copies of this console on a team will be coming soon.

On an individual basis, the power should not change - the benefit a single player receives from it should remain unaffected. We are only planning to address the multi-player stacking concerns.
I have no problems with this and glad to hear a fix is in the works.

Qapla' !

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Career Officer
# 15
07-23-2012, 10:51 AM
Quote:

Can the stack on a target be limited to the same limit that a user can gain?
IE: 3 people using leech shooting at 1 target, say the max gain 1 user can get is 8, can the target stack limit also be 8. So that in the above situation, the 3 users get 8 between them?

I didn't explain that very well, I think, but it makes sense in my head :p

That way it would affect an individuals potential gain, based on how many leeches were on his team. But that's a good thing, imo.
Fancy an exclusive, extended 21 day trial of eve online?
Sign up (heck, it's free for almost a full month, using the link) and see what you think.
Empire Veteran
# 16
07-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:

eXCELLENT.
Thanks
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P
Empire Veteran
# 17
07-23-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantrainor View Post
Can the stack on a target be limited to the same limit that a user can gain?
IE: 3 people using leech shooting at 1 target, say the max gain 1 user can get is 8, can the target stack limit also be 8. So that in the above situation, the 3 users get 8 between them?

I didn't explain that very well, I think, but it makes sense in my head :p

That way it would affect an individuals potential gain, based on how many leeches were on his team. But that's a good thing, imo.
Oddly I thought that was the effect they where going for when they fixed it the first time.

Multiple players would all recive full benefit from the device stacking upon the same target but the target would not be effected beyond 8 stacks total regardless of the number of attackers attacking him with a PL in play.

Hopefully they will fix it to that effect.
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P
Captain
# 18
07-23-2012, 11:27 AM
Maco works properly. Leach does not.

Maco requires you to be under fire which is not in your control... leach just requires you to be shooting at something. Maco isn't up nearly as often as leach. Leach can also be speced into where as maco can not. Maco gives you a small bump... leach gives you a major bump.

Even once stacking is fixed leach is still going to be the worst p2w consoul in the game. Not only does the stack limit on a target need to be addressed... they also need to address and remove the ability to spec the boost and the drain... being able to get it up to -/+ 4 power per shot is dumb. If they ever throw this one in a lock box they might as well just remove the pvp que all together. Out side of private matches I would no longer PvP.
Career Officer
# 19
07-23-2012, 11:43 AM
You guys can say what you want, and yeh I have the plasmoniwathever thingy on my kdf although i hardly play it; It buffs your power levels by what.. +12 per level, and drains like, -12 per level? In any case its at least a 24+ powerlevel difference between you, and the opponent _not_ using plasominicwhatever leech.

A 24+ power level difference at _least_, at all times, in a 1v1 for instance, even without the stacking issue its still a very 'nice' console wouldn't you agree?

Assuming 1 stack of the 8 stacks u can do at once with 1 player where 1 stack is a power level difference of 2, this is probably +16 to you, and -16 to the enemy. a 32 power level advantage.

Agreed with husanak. Maco vs plasmonic leech is NOT 32~ level difference between yourself and the opponent. Maco only buffs yourself to max of +10 per powerlevel, and this only works when you are being fired on, and alot of times it doesnt stack to 5 but only to 3 or 4.

Never the less, unless this get fixed, and plasmonic leech is available for feds, It will be hard to turn it down. It will probably also be available on the exchange very soon quite likely if this is the case.

Who will turn a awesome console for 1.5M+ ec huh?

Last edited by marctraiderz; 07-23-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
07-23-2012, 11:45 AM
These are good news...thanks!
After a fierce battle against the evuls a Fed Captain needs some relax!