Empire Veteran
# 21
07-23-2012, 11:30 AM
this is the one consoles that MUST NOT be released in lock boxes. well, this and AMS. dont even think about it.

and please have a look at power insulators resist to the leach, its one thing if my opponent has extra energy, but for me to lose so much for as long as im being shot at is extreamly op, especially when you compare it to other draining powers.

power siphon only lasts a mater of seconds, has not that great of up time, and takes a valuable station slots. leach just sits in a consoles slot and gives you the energy of everyone you shoot at forever. seems to me that it exists outside of the parameters for such a skill
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
especially when you compare it to other draining powers.

power siphon only lasts a mater of seconds, has not that great of up time, and takes a valuable station slots. leach just sits in a consoles slot and gives you the energy of everyone you shoot at forever. seems to me that it exists outside of the parameters for such a skill

Thats how I see it; it's running 100% of the time, (at least when I've used it on me klink) it buffs the user and debuffs opponents. There's no downside, no cooldown or anything if this became another cross faction console I'd snap it up straight away.

The drain abilities I know of have at least downsides; the boff one has a big cd/the space set (breen) is the same, polarons are a small chance of a debuff and the drones you can (try) shoot down.

And power insulaters seems to make no discernable difference when I spec into it :[

For me it could do with a redesign, but eh, thats just my opinion.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 52098 (99235) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Remus.
Captain
# 23
07-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Hmmm the more I think about it ya just give this unit to everyone...

Then it will offset... you leach me I leach you we both end up with zero power difference.... lol.

Oh wait my fed ships have more sci slots in general I guess I win....

More Cowbell....er I mean More Flow Unit.
Empire Veteran
# 24
07-23-2012, 12:04 PM
I would prefer they make the Leech and AMS consoles completely non-buffable via skills or consoles and just leave them at thier designed effects but allow them to be countered by SKilling in Power Insulators and Sensors as normal.

I certainly do not think they should ever be in lockboxes, ever.
Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....

R.I.P
Captain
# 25
07-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
JHeinig was able to get some conclusive internal testing done on this last week that will help us track down and fix the infernal stacking issues we've been having with this power. A fix for being able to lock down any ship in the game with 3-4 copies of this console on a team will be coming soon.

On an individual basis, the power should not change - the benefit a single player receives from it should remain unaffected. We are only planning to address the multi-player stacking concerns.
Way to go Cryptic, it's broken now. Since todays patch Plasmonic Leech only procs once, which means it gives the owner a marginal +1 (+2 with full flow capacitor skill) to all subsystems. Now it's entirely worthless.
Empire Veteran
# 26
07-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
way To Go Cryptic, It's Broken Now. Since Todays Patch Plasmonic Leech Only Procs Once, Which Means It Gives The Owner A Marginal +1 (+2 With Full Flow Capacitor Skill) To All Subsystems. Now It's Entirely Worthless.
sounds fixed to me
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 27
07-26-2012, 12:08 PM
wait its been nerfed?!
Dork - I.K.S. WeeBugger
Career Officer
# 28
07-26-2012, 12:22 PM
The release notes seem to state that they can no longer be stacked.

But I have no doubt they totally screwed it up so now it doesnt even work properly on a single target hahahahahhaha
Captain
# 29
07-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
sounds fixed to me
Fixed? Even those common power generators are better now, because they give basically the same benefits 24/7 and not only when you shoot someone.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisenw0lf View Post
Way to go Cryptic, it's broken now. Since todays patch Plasmonic Leech only procs once, which means it gives the owner a marginal +1 (+2 with full flow capacitor skill) to all subsystems. Now it's entirely worthless.
Best news i saw in a while.

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory