Captain
# 1 Lobi Store Shenanigans...
07-18-2012, 11:58 PM
Why are all the old items being retired from the lobi store? What point does this serve... just add new things to it... and keep the old...
Career Officer
# 2
07-19-2012, 12:21 AM
My thoughts exactly. There's no point to removing the current inventory.
Career Officer
# 3
07-19-2012, 12:26 AM
It makes sense if you look at it like a Ferengi.

GO GO GO GO GO NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND LIMITTED TIME ONLY LIMITTED TIME ONLY LIMITTED TIME ONLY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY SUCKER SUCKER SUCKER SUCKER!
Joined August 2008
Career Officer
# 4
07-19-2012, 12:27 AM
They'll likely phase them back in at some point. Perhaps during some down time between new lockboxes. Maybe some kind of holiday or something. They've made the products to sell so they're unlikely to shelve them forever.

The point of phasing them out is that it compels people to buy now as opposed to save. Then when something else comes along, maybe something you feel is better, you have to buy more because you blew what you had.
# 5
07-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eulifdavis View Post
My thoughts exactly. There's no point to removing the current inventory.
I believe the point is to remove the current items with their current prices before lockboxes start giving a minimum of 4 crystals per box instead of 1 or 2, where we would be able to get the older, possibly cheaper items with less effort.

I believe they see their options as either raising the prices of the older items or removing the older items and maybe bringing them back later when no one remembers the older prices. And, to avoid the flack they'd take for raising prices due to increased lobi drops per box, they just decided to remove the old stuff altogether.

Raptr profile
Commander
# 6
07-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
It makes sense if you look at it like a Ferengi.

GO GO GO GO GO NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND LIMITTED TIME ONLY LIMITTED TIME ONLY LIMITTED TIME ONLY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY SUCKER SUCKER SUCKER SUCKER!
Yeah, its like the McRib. Take it away then bring it back later.

So all the folks who have the shinny stuff from the Lobi store now can lord it over other folks for a few months. Then they can bring it back and everyone will freak out because they can get jackal puppies again.
Career Officer
# 7
07-19-2012, 01:01 AM
I can see the logic of "limited time", but some items should remain available. For instance, some of the cosmetic items are offered in the Lobi store, then after their limited time is up, they become offered in the Latinum store. Thus giving the Latinum store something to offer.

If they did that, all I can say, maybe they can open up a vendor in one of those empty kiosks at DS9.

BTW Devs, not sure why you took out the Physical Lobi store at Drozana, but to me, it would be nice if there was a physical place you could go to. Let's say you wanted to look at the goods and you had no Lobi Cystals. So no Lobi, no window shopping.
Career Officer
# 8
07-19-2012, 01:15 AM
I don't mind if some of the cosmetic items migrate into the Gold-Pressed Latinum store.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Rihannsu
# 9
07-19-2012, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
I don't mind if some of the cosmetic items migrate into the Gold-Pressed Latinum store.
Same with the Whip.
Career Officer
# 10
07-19-2012, 01:43 AM
Why are you guys posting on the forums when you should be throwing your wallets at the devs. Shame on you.