Career Officer
# 11
07-19-2012, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Why are all the old items being retired from the lobi store? What point does this serve... just add new things to it... and keep the old...
I agree, now it is no longer possible for me to complete the "ferengi marauder" ship set. I just got 1 part of it and my plan was to open lockboxes from time to time, collect Lobis, and then after a while buy the missing set parts.

And beside that ... where's the Lobi-Store now?? No NPC on Drozana station?

Cheers,
Maledicus.
Captain
# 12
07-19-2012, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
It makes sense if you look at it like a Ferengi.

GO GO GO GO GO NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND SPEND LIMITTED TIME ONLY LIMITTED TIME ONLY LIMITTED TIME ONLY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY SUCKER SUCKER SUCKER SUCKER!
Actually this is the opposite of how a ferengi would think... items being a limited time will on encourage me to not care about them... however, always instock, non limited items make me covet them and want them more, enticing me to gain the currency required to get them.

A ferengi would want me to want what hes selling, so he would make sure to always have that shiny item I want so I could give him my money.
Captain
# 13
07-19-2012, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maledicus0eu View Post
I agree, now it is no longer possible for me to complete the "ferengi marauder" ship set. I just got 1 part of it and my plan was to open lockboxes from time to time, collect Lobis, and then after a while buy the missing set parts.

And beside that ... where's the Lobi-Store now?? No NPC on Drozana station?

Cheers,
Maledicus.
Right-click on the lobi item in your inventory and select 'Use.' You can get it there.
Commander
# 14
07-19-2012, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
I don't mind if some of the cosmetic items migrate into the Gold-Pressed Latinum store.
I wouldn't mind if ANY item would migrate into the Gold-Pressed Latinum store.
Career Officer
# 15
07-19-2012, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberteksyfir View Post
I wouldn't mind if ANY item would migrate into the Gold-Pressed Latinum store.
No, can't do. No money for Cryptic involved with GPL.
Lieutenant
# 16
07-19-2012, 01:43 AM
Season 6: Wallet Under Siege strikes again.
Lobi store will soon replace Z-store and for that it will make dilithium exchnage useless
Career Officer
# 17
07-19-2012, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Actually this is the opposite of how a ferengi would think... items being a limited time will on encourage me to not care about them... however, always instock, non limited items make me covet them and want them more, enticing me to gain the currency required to get them.

A ferengi would want me to want what hes selling, so he would make sure to always have that shiny item I want so I could give him my money.
This is true, atleast for some consumers. I suppose it would be more accurate to say that CrypticWorld is more like the hilariously stupid and covetous Ferengi from TNG rather than the wiley business savvy Ferengi from DS9.
Joined August 2008
Career Officer
# 18
07-19-2012, 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricophoff View Post
Why are you guys posting on the forums when you should be throwing your wallets at the devs. Shame on you.
Mostly because my aim isn't good enough to hit them right in the uhh... Lobi Crystals.
--------------------------------------------
People are broken. -- Lum the Mad
Career Officer
# 19
07-19-2012, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedricophoff View Post
Why are you guys posting on the forums when you should be throwing your wallets at the devs. Shame on you.
Sorry, my wallet are all now empty so had to resort to throwing credit cards at them instead!
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-19-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhappyj0yj0y View Post
They'll likely phase them back in at some point. Perhaps during some down time between new lockboxes. Maybe some kind of holiday or something. They've made the products to sell so they're unlikely to shelve them forever.

The point of phasing them out is that it compels people to buy now as opposed to save. Then when something else comes along, maybe something you feel is better, you have to buy more because you blew what you had.
The highlighted made me giggle.

Yes, giggle. Not laugh, or chuckle, or s******. Giggle is the only word ridiculous enough to be appropriate to the situation.